The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Valentine's Day, AKA Treason Season! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Sacred Heart Holy Cards (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=115733)

BrotherLarry 01-14-2019 04:45 PM

Sacred Heart Holy Cards

A papist church in Brooklyn is encouraging parishioners to visit their local Catholic bookstore and purchase as many Sacred Heart holy cards as they can. They ask that these cards then be given to each other at the Mass on Valentine's Day, or, if there is no Mass that day at their church, at the Mass closest to Valentine's Day. This is to show the love of Christ "in the most complete and Catholic way," something Jesus would be pleased about as would His Blessed Mother.

LOL

How can something depicting open heart surgery be pleasing to Jesus and Mary? Some Sacred Heart cards are very graphic, depicting blood and gore. Others are a little more pleasing to the eye. None of them have any value to our Lord. What is it about papists that makes them hold such ridiculous imagery in such veneration?

mrgrtt123 01-18-2019 08:03 AM

Re: Sacred Heart Holy Cards

The goal is to earn revenue, I think that people should not be forced to buy something just to show their faith.

Brother Gonzalez 01-18-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgrtt123 (Post 1244621)
The goal is to earn revenue, I think that people should not be forced to buy something just to show their faith.

Generalizations are almost always wrong. Not all the times people are forced to buy or give something because of faith are bad.
This papists for sure are thieves, but when Freehold authorities take 5% of your salary for Pastor Zeke's plane, and gives you a beautiful receipt, is ok. Papists want their money to rape little boys, our Pastor for saving them. See the difference?

MitzaLizalor 01-18-2019 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I didn't know what "Sacred Heart holy cards" were so looked it up. I have never been so revolted in my life. Don't these crazies ever read The Bible?
I Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
This most blasphemous of all idolatrous images is what I saw being promoted:
Attachment 27660

WilliamJenningsBryan 01-18-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1244624)
I didn't know what "Sacred Heart holy cards" were so looked it up. I have never been so revolted in my life. Don't these crazies ever read The Bible?
I Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
Attachment 27660

It looks like something from the "Wonder Woman" comics - with her "magic bracelets". Are those "rays" coming up or going down? Is someone trying to kill Jesus by giving Him a heart attack?

MitzaLizalor 01-18-2019 09:44 PM

:fear2: You mean like stereotactic laser ablation coming up from the pit focused on His heart? Are they comparing Him to a brain tumor? I knew the object of their devotions was imaginary because what they say about it so thoroughly contradicts The Bible account of Jesus. But what you've noticed puts a whole new complexion on this idol worship.

Sure, we've all heard how Mary statues aren't idols or praying to a crucifix isn't worship but The Bible describes that too, and they fail big time. By God's standard that is. I have no idea what the popes think. How many of them are there now? Four? It just sickens me to see these false ideas persisting in the world today. Sickens me!

BrotherLarry 01-19-2019 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1244624)
Attachment 27660

From my ex-papist experience, those are rays of grace and mercy coming from the sacred heart of Jesus. When I used to pray to Mary, who is full of grace, my understanding was that she got her grace from Jesus and when people pray things like The Memorare or Hail Holy Queen, she asks her Son for grace, He gives it to her, and she in turn as a mediatrix relays it down to the person praying. It's all in the logistics.

MitzaLizalor 01-19-2019 11:29 AM

Oh, you mean like a couple of disco lasers?
She'd need to be pretty "on the ball" http://firewoodhoardersclub.com/smilies/laughing.gif

http://www.23hq.com/23666/50790428_f...ec4d_thumb.jpg

Just to keep track of em all,
Those catholics.