The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Should I short or buy the rouble? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=119834)

Phil Ander 03-01-2022 11:29 AM

Should I short or buy the rouble?

In these turbulent times, I'm in two minds.No doubt when the war ends, the rouble will rocket up as sanctions are lifted. So at some stage I should take a significant rouble position. But when?

My thinking is that the rouble will bottom out in a week, so I've shorted now, and then will buy in at the bottom.

If the war ends before then, I would be in a heap of trouble with that short position. So hopefully Putin keeps it going until my short position is closed.

Phil

Roland 03-01-2022 01:52 PM

Re: Should I short or buy the rouble?

I am pretty bad at financial advice so I can not help you there. I put some Euros towards Ukrainian people I found on the hamster search engine. It is nice to know they got some cash to buy supplies for as long as the stores are stocked.

They are happy with that it seems. The only ROI is some kind words and pics though. Good enough for me but obviously no sound financial advice.

Johny Joe Hold 03-01-2022 02:55 PM

I'm buying Lockheed. The world's inventory of military hardware is being depleted and that company is ready to produce it.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 03-01-2022 09:35 PM

I say buy. Then, in the event of WW3, you will not be inconvenienced by running out of toilet paper.

Phil Ander 05-04-2022 03:58 PM

After some prayer, I did take a significant rouble position. God has been most beneficent, and it has doubled in value since my original post. Glory! The rouble is set to rumble. Best currency ever!

Phil Ander 05-17-2022 04:34 PM

Sell! Sell! Sell!

I've made a motza, but it's time to get out.

Thanks Vlad. A great opportunity in the money markets. Best invasion ever.

Phil

Uncle Rutherford 05-17-2022 06:09 PM

I went to the bank this morning to try and exchange my dollars for rubles but they said I’m not allowed because of who I am. Is it because I’m True Christian ™️ ? No, because I see my fellow TCers being able to buy up rubles left and right apparently. Does it have to do with them confusing my ex-nigra status with that of someone who holds Nigra status???

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 05-17-2022 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Ander (Post 1298393)
Sell! Sell! Sell! I've made a motza, but it's time to get out.

Congratulations, Brother Phil. Your timing was, as always and in so many matters, impeccable. :thumbsup:

Attachment 31160

Phil Ander 05-18-2022 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Rutherford (Post 1298396)
I went to the bank this morning to try and exchange my dollars for rubles but they said I’m not allowed because of who I am. Is it because I’m True Christian ™️ ? No, because I see my fellow TCers being able to buy up rubles left and right apparently. Does it have to do with them confusing my ex-nigra status with that of someone who holds Nigra status???

Uncle, thank Jesus that the Bank refused you. It's time to SELL the rouble, not buy it! The time to buy it was at the end of Feb/early March. It's current rise above the level before the special military operation is not sustainable. Moscow is using artificial mechanisms to prop up the rouble. They will end. Get out now.

To be frank, one needs both Prayer and financial sophistication in this game. I'm sure you qualify in the Prayer department. On the other hand I'm not convinced about financial sophistication. Freehold needs septic tank cleaners and car park attendants, as well as financial experts. Best keep to your comfort lane.

Your friend Phil