The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Freehold Truth and Light Baptist newspaper (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Monkey Preaches Christianity to Swedes (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=20512)

Ezekiel Bathfire 03-10-2009 11:54 AM

Monkey Preaches Christianity to Swedes

1 Attachment(s)
Who can deny that God is omnipresent? Far from having left us, His Creation, to languish, He is amongst us and still sends daily signs of His August Presence. You are seeking a sign from God? Seek no further.

Why is the following report a sign? Well, I’m surprised you ask. Sweden is well-known as a country that God hates filled with atheists, sodomites and/or whores (here and here). Yet He has seen fit to send a miraculous creature to stone the sinners in the manner prescribed in The Bible.

Yes, indeed, atheists, sodomites and whores are to be stoned and this is exactly what this monkey has been doing.

If a monkey can understand the Word of God why can’t the Swedes?!

Quote:

Zoo chimp 'planned' stone attacks
A male chimpanzee in a Swedish zoo planned hundreds of stone-throwing attacks on zoo visitors, according to researchers.

Keepers at Furuvik Zoo found that the chimp collected and stored stones that he would later use as missiles. Further, the chimp learned to recognise how and when parts of his concrete enclosure could be pulled apart to fashion further projectiles. The findings are reported in the journal Current Biology.

There has been scant evidence in previous research that animals can plan for future events. Crucial to the current study is the fact that Santino, a chimpanzee at the zoo in the city north of Stockholm, collected the stones in a calm state, prior to the zoo opening in the morning. The launching of the stones occurred hours later - during dominance displays to zoo visitors - with Santino in an "agitated" state.

This suggests that Santino was anticipating a future mental state - an ability that has been difficult to definitively prove in animals, according to Mathias Osvath, a cognitive scientist from Lund University in Sweden and author of the new research.

"We've done experimental studies, and the chimps in my mind show very clearly that they do plan for future needs, but it has been argued that perhaps this was an experimental artifact," Dr Osvath told BBC News. "Now we have this spontaneous behaviour, which is always in some sense better evidence."

Dr Osvath embarked on the study after zoo staff discovered caches of stones in the section of the enclosure facing the public viewing area. Since the initial discovery in 1997, hundreds of the caches have been removed to protect visitors, to whom the caching and the aggressive displays seem strictly related; in the off season, Santino neither hoards the projectiles nor hurls them.

Most interestingly, Santino seems to have learned how to spot weak parts of the concrete "boulders" in the centre of the enclosure. When water seeps into cracks in the concrete and freezes, portions become detached that make a hollow sound when tapped. Santino was observed gently knocking on the "boulders", hitting harder to detach bits that were loosened and adding those to his stashes of ammunition.

There are a number of examples of complex behaviour in apes that suggest forms of consciousness.

Planning behaviour like that of the current work is connected to so-called autonoetic consciousness, where information due to memory can be distinguished from that from the senses.
"I'm personally convinced that at least chimps do plan for future needs, that they do have this autonoetic consciousness," Dr Osvath said. "I hope that other zoos or those in the wild will look more closely at what is happening," he added.

"I bet there must be a lot of these kinds of behaviours out there, and I wouldn't be surprised if we find them in dolphins or other species."
Attachment 8168
NB This article also contains a lot of what is wrong about science – notice how it avoids the Godly point and suggests some sort of planning by the monkey. Mathias Osvath, a cognitive scientist from Lund University in Sweden, is the idiot in question, note how he adds at the end,
Quote:

"I bet there must be a lot of these kinds of behaviours out there, and I wouldn't be surprised if we find them in dolphins or other species."
Well, so-called professor Mathias Osvath, let me tell you that the day you find Dolphins throwing stones, is the day that I’ll change my mind about God!

Dr. Zaius 03-10-2009 03:01 PM

Re: Monkey Preaches Christianity to Swedes

I don't see why that's such a great discovery. Monkeys have been using shit for projectiles since zoos were invented. If you were trapped in a zoo, you'd throw whatever you had, too.

SayvedByTheLord 03-10-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Zaius (Post 304504)
I don't see why that's such a great discovery. Monkeys have been using shit for projectiles since zoos were invented. If you were trapped in a zoo, you'd throw whatever you had, too.

They do it in the wild too, at least until hit with a well placed large caliber round. :gunsmilie(1):

Bobby-Joe 03-10-2009 06:16 PM

I would like to see some Darwnist explaining this away. The monkey throws stones, the monkey gets his tallywacker chopped off. Were is the planing and anticipating the future in that?

Pastor Ezekiel 03-11-2009 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 304612)
I would like to see some Darwnist explaining this away. The monkey throws stones, the monkey gets his tallywacker chopped off. Were is the planing and anticipating the future in that?

Well said brother BJ. These God-haters make such a big deal out of nothing! I'm still waiting for the Darwinistas to produce a monkey that can read the Bible. If evolution is true, they should be able to do that by now.

barneyhilliard 03-11-2009 02:46 AM

I find it truly blasphemous that one would assume that if a monkey can throw a rock they are somehow like man. These so-called scientists try so hard to prove Darwin (Satan's Imp) was right. Can a monkey build an ark? Nope. Monkeys just got to ride in one. Case closed.

barneyhilliard 03-13-2009 01:26 PM

I did some extra research on this story. Apparently this was not even a real monkey. It was Gary Coleman who was captured while on vacation in Sweden. Those silly atheist, Swedish zookeeper apparently have never seen a negro midget before.

"Whacha talkin' 'bout Willis?"

Pastor Ezekiel 03-13-2009 01:27 PM

You know how I know this story is a fake? Because animals are all atheists.

Think about it.

Daisy Mae Johnson 03-13-2009 07:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by barneyhilliard (Post 305604)

"Whacha talkin' 'bout Willis?"

;)