The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52601)

MitzaLizalor 05-30-2013 04:56 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?

I often find that the point of any discussion is well set out in the first post and yes, we are here to praise Jesus and what better way to do that than by following His commandments. Pastor Jones is particularly clear in what he posts and this OP is no exception; cutting to the res:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 623200)
It's fortunate that my daughter just turned 13. She needs to be betrothed anyway.

How much do you guys think I could get for her?

She, is of course a virgin. The tokens of virginity will be there on your wedding night when she reaches the age of consent or you can stone her as per Deuteronomy 22:13-21.

She is a decent cook, but lazy about cleaning. It's my wife's fault for that. I'm sure if you have a strong steady hand for keeping her in line, she can be encouraged to get better.

Any serious bids from True Christians will be considered.

You can't make her work out in the field. If you buy her for a wife you have to provide for her for the rest of her natural life, so please don't take this lightly. If you are buying her for your son, please make sure he likes her because otherwise you cannot return her.

Exodus 21:7-10 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
If she please not her master, who has betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he has dealt deceitfully with her.
And if he has betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.
If he takes him another wife; her food, her clothing, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

God Bless,
Levi

I am sure that any other questions arising will similarly have been answered, there is a thread search function too. What could be more natural than a father's concern for his daughter's welfare.

Asshat Turdhead 06-03-2013 10:39 PM

In this country, you will get a 5-15 year prison term if you try to sell your daughter. In another country, things might be different because all countries that would allow that do not have a police force to stop you.

Mary Etheldreda 06-03-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aegon Targaryen (Post 1006758)
In this country, you will get a 5-15 year prison term if you try to sell your daughter. In another country, things might be different because all countries that would allow that do not have a police force to stop you.

I can assure you, Pastor Jones will not go to prison for offering a dowry in a private, consensual transaction.

:)

Asshat Turdhead 06-03-2013 10:59 PM

This is just a dowlry. Good, i thought this guy was going to sell another human being. That is perfectly legal, not as commonly practiced nowadays but legal.

MitzaLizalor 06-04-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aegon Targaryen (Post 1006758)

:tinfoil: Saudi Arabia for example has a police force

Des 06-08-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asshat Turdhead (Post 1006758)

This serves to show how the Godless Democrat liberals have turned this promised land away from the Almighty Lord. Why it seems like only yesterday that my dear poppa was buying Mexicans to work his fields. Today America has turned her back on God, even to the point of allowing fanny pirates to corrupt the patriotic youth of the Boy Scouts. These are sinful times we live in when foolish laws written by secular men trump the Eternal Laws of God.

Glory onto Him.

Alexandria Puckett 06-10-2013 12:40 AM

(Accidently posted this in the Men's thread awhile ago! Embarrassing!!)
I'm very disappointed that this old thread keeps getting bumped! People, every argument has already been made and resolved! Please read before you further annoy Landover's good Christian men.
And then read a KJV Bible after you've lost your argument.
We may not believe what you do, and vis versa, but shoving your beliefs down our throats is just plain rude! At least we keep it to one tiny corner of the internet!

Sorry for my yammering, boys, but I'm a little moody these days...Please pray with me for these uneducated heathens.

Trishen 07-05-2013 08:18 AM

Are Christians allowed to sell their daughters? I thought it only allowed in the old covenant, and we follow the new covenant now because of Jesus.

I'm a Christian for only 4 years, so I'm still a little bit confused :wacko:

Jack O'fagan 07-05-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trishen (Post 1013374)
Are Christians allowed to sell their daughters? I thought it only allowed in the old covenant, and we follow the new covenant now because of Jesus.

What did Jesus have to say about a new covenant?

YIC

Jack

Pastor Ezekiel 07-06-2013 04:25 AM

Quote:

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire. :sinner:

Prayer Warrior 07-12-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Do you mean the New Testament? Christians are to follow both the Old AND New Testaments, in fact you can't follow the New Testament without also following the Old Testament since it says in several places in the New Testament that the old rules still apply.

Mat 5:17-18 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mrs.Elizabeth 07-12-2013 05:43 PM

Is that charming young lady still in sale? Maybe I can help you telling my husband to look for a good purchaser in his job. His coworkers are a bit old for her but I think one of them could be a proper husband for her and give her the children and discipline she needs to be saved :)

Pastor Ezekiel 07-12-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.Elizabeth (Post 1014876)
Is that charming young lady still in sale? Maybe I can help you telling my husband to look for a good purchaser in his job. His coworkers are a bit old for her but I think one of them could be a proper husband for her and give her the children and discipline she needs to be saved :)

If you're American, then I'm Michael Jackson's stinking corpse. :thumbdown:

James Hutchins 07-24-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ---AtheistRage--- (Post 1016851)
WaitWaitWaaaaiiiitt... Isn't the buying and selling or trading of other humans 100% illegal in The U.S????

No friend, no is really buying or selling, it is a lease arrangement.

Attila's Wife 07-25-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 623200)
It's fortunate that my daughter just turned 13. She needs to be betrothed anyway.

How much do you guys think I could get for her?

Is this young woman still available? I see that she must be almost 16 by now, which would be at the upper end of my clients' range, but I might be able to obtain 500€ for her on the understanding that she is still a virgin.

Megorium 07-25-2013 02:12 PM

Wow...you love your house more than your own daughter. This makes me so sad to hear that people actually sell their kids like this. Just throwing them out like they are nothing....like they are garbage. Now wait...Garbage with a price right? Gosh I just don't want to believe it. I would never sell my sweet daughter...she is precious and she has a rights of her own.

Attila's Wife 07-25-2013 02:56 PM

It is all very well for wealthy men like you, Mego, to take this line. But remember Matthew 19:24.

Cranky Old Man 07-25-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megorium (Post 1017014)
Wow...you love your house more than your own daughter.

Duh! Daughters are worthless, whining and annoying while a house is a place to live and prosper while serving Jesus.

My guess would be that you have no daughters and have no idea what you are talking about...

Oneofakind 07-28-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 1017026)
Duh! Daughters are worthless, whining and annoying while a house is a place to live and prosper while serving Jesus.

My guess would be that you have no daughters and have no idea what you are talking about...

I have 3. They are amazing human beings who I would die for and most certainly would NEVER sell.

MitzaLizalor 07-29-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oneofakind (Post 1017626)
I have 3. They are amazing human beings who I would die for and most certainly would NEVER sell.

Why are you so hostile to God's Perfect Love?

Why do you reject His Just Law?

Chillzilla 08-15-2013 12:39 AM

You people are
just nuts! Can anyone say cult....

Donovan A. Mordecai 08-15-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillzilla (Post 1021734)
You people are
just nuts! Can anyone say cult....

Please do not be hostile, or speak ill of our community. We follow The Bible to the letter here, unlike other pansy "Christians".

Is Landover Baptist Church a CULT?

Please read this and become enlightened, as you seem very prone to ignorant hate speech.

Please make your own thread in the Introduction Forum, so that we can properly greet you

God Bless
DAM

Eulogy Jones 08-15-2013 02:12 AM

I give about 500 caps for her, A shishkebab schematic would work to.

Liberty Prime 08-15-2013 02:14 AM

Communist scum must be erraticated.

Donovan A. Mordecai 08-15-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulogy Jones (Post 1021765)
I give about 500 caps for her, A shishkebab schematic would work to.

:headscratch: No gamertard speak, please

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberty Prime (Post 1021767)
Communist scum must be erraticated.

It must be eradicated, and what does that have to do with the price of a daughter?

And could both of you, kindly, make your own threads in the introduction forum?

God Bless
DAM

Eulogy Jones 08-15-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dec Abdiel Mordecai (Post 1021768)
:headscratch: No gamertard speak, please

Caps... Bottle caps, what else would I pay him?

Donovan A. Mordecai 08-15-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulogy Jones (Post 1021778)
Caps... Bottle caps, what else would I pay him?

Silver shekels.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

28 If a man find a damsel [that is] a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

God Bless
DAM

Eulogy Jones 08-15-2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dec Abdiel Mordecai (Post 1021779)
Silver shekels.

Shekels! What part of the wasteland are you from?

Donovan A. Mordecai 08-15-2013 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulogy Jones (Post 1021782)

I live in Texas, but my home is in Heaven! :thumbsup:

Please begin your own thread in the introduction forum!

God Bless

MitzaLizalor 08-15-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Silver's down a bit just now, closing last night @ 21·875 NY SPOT.

The shekel is a unit of weight, so 50 shekels [silver] would be $389·88

Donovan A. Mordecai 08-15-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

The currency of Israel is also the shekel. Though it is not treated in the same manner as Sister Mitza has described. Last time I checked, Israel was a booming fascist state, not wasteland. Thanks obama :thumbdown:

godsfavourite 08-19-2013 11:27 AM

I would like to propose an offer for this good wench!!

I shall be offering five years in the comfort of my own home which would involve rigorous bible studies, including a comfortably sized basement in which she can live and learn to love the lord without distraction from devil spawn until she is of good age. When she is 18 I will allow her to leave the basement to go and preach the good name of our lord and saviour jesus christ! I plan to marry her and take her blessed virginity, and keep her as my personal serf. If her offspring are of fit nature I will then duly marry the most devout of them and she will live with me also.

My first preposition is for $10,000, although i will be glad to barter if I can see a picture of the lady in question.

Faithfully and with the love of christ,
Angel Clare

:innocent: :usa:

Donovan A. Mordecai 08-19-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

I shall be offering five years in the comfort of my own home which would involve rigorous bible studies, including a comfortably sized basement in which she can live and learn to love the lord without distraction from devil spawn until she is of good age.
I'm pretty sure Brother Levi has seen to a very thorough Bible study for the girl.

Quote:

When she is 18 I will allow her to leave the basement to go and preach the good name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!
FTFY

In five years she will be 20-21, this thread is three years old. Plus she cannot preach

1 Timothy 2:12 - But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Quote:

I plan to marry her and take her blessed virginity, and keep her as my personal serf.
If you marry her, she will be your wife, not your slave. There is not much Biblical distinction, yet it still exists

Mark 10:12 - And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

Here is a good explanation of what divorce means in God's eyes

Slaves on the other hand, unless they are your own kind don't have any recourse

Leviticus 25:44-46
Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, [shall be] of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.
45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that [are] with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.
46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit [them for] a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

Quote:

If her offspring are of fit nature I will then duly marry the most devout of them and she will live with me also.
Polygamy is illegal in this country

Romans 13:1-7 - Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Quote:

My first preposition is for $10,000, although i will be glad to barter if I can see a picture of the lady in question.
A picture has already been posted

Quote:

Faithfully and with the love of christ,
Angel Clare

:innocent: :usa:
So Christ doesn't get a proper noun anywhere does he?

Yours in Him
DAM

Pastor Ezekiel 08-20-2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godsfavourite (Post 1022534)

Your first what? :huh:

Go back to france, demon. :threaten:

brine 08-22-2013 01:15 PM

Go to hell, slavery is not funny.

Zechariah Smyth 08-22-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEST-CAT (Post 1022978)
Go to hell, slavery is not funny.

I don't think anyone here is proposing that slavery is funny. Personally, I don't find anything dealing with commerce funny.

Say, how about heading over to the Introduction Forum and telling us all about your relationship with Jesus? We want to get to know you!

:yahoo: :clap: :yahoo:

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

Infinity 08-26-2013 10:37 AM

Is this post serious? Do you promote slavery of your daughters and sons? Are you seriously trying to sell your child?

Donovan A. Mordecai 08-26-2013 01:26 PM

What's the matter with trying to recoup the losses on an investment?
I'll remind you, Brother Levi would never be able to recover the whole sum, but sometimes you have to unload part of your portfolio, just to keep some skin in the game

Infinity 08-26-2013 03:32 PM

Is this post serious? Do you promote slavery of your daughters and sons? Are you seriously trying to sell your child?

Mary Etheldreda 08-26-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinity (Post 1023863)

The Bible allows for a man to sell his daughter. Why do you hate God so much?

And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed:
to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.
And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.
If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.
And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money.
Exodus 21:7-11