The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover Baptist Lounge (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nobar King, you're blind as a bat! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=66741)

Nobar King 06-20-2011 07:11 PM

Nobar King, you're blind as a bat!

I can't seem to see things that are right in front of my face.

I spent an hour today looking for my Makita drill so I could fix a tool that I needed for some garden work. I was able to find both batteries, the charger and the flashlight, but the drill was more elusive. I searched each room in my house multiple times and started to wonder whether one of my Mexicans took it. I even looked inside of the other tool boxes that already have different tools in them. I was desperate. I couldn't even remember the last time I used it.

Just as I was about to give up I went back to the first place I started looking and, surprise, there was my drill! I was almost ready to go out and buy another drill.

I used to joke and wonder why "you always find things in the last place you look," but I'm starting to wonder if it's more likely that I'm just blind and not seeing things that aren't lost and are right where they should be.

:wacko:

MitzaLizalor 06-20-2011 07:46 PM

Re: Nobar King, you're blind as a bat!

I can never find a drill when I need one.

But bright colours are more noticeable, and helps things to stand out for me. Here's a nice orange one:

James Hutchins 06-20-2011 08:05 PM

I think the drill had been taken by a false Christian and God, seeing your dilemma and stress, retrieved it for you and put it where you last left it, hence it being where you looked first.

Another miracle!

As a side note, you probaly ought to get rid of that chink drill and get a real one, like the Bosch or Milwaukee

Capt. Aaron Portway 06-20-2011 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like Dewalt tools, mostly because they're bright yellow and easy to see. Also, Black & Decker owns Dewalt, so they're American. Bosch is a German company, and while they're decent, they're blue and too hard to see.

Billy Bob Jenkins 06-20-2011 08:52 PM

I am always very careful to keep my drills and other rotary tools far away from my wife.

MitzaLizalor 06-20-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob Jenkins (Post 767257)
I am always very careful to keep my drills and other rotary tools far away from my wife.

That is very considerate, Mr Jenkins. At present I am having my house renovated so there are a lot of builders around, and they are much better with their tools than anything I can manage on my own.

Felicity 06-20-2011 09:28 PM

Why not pray to Jesus for better eyes? :innocent:

Nobar King 06-20-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felicity (Post 767267)
Why not pray to Jesus for better eyes? :innocent:

I did do that, but there was some swearing involved, too, so I'm not very hopeful that my eyes are going to get better.

María Gálvez-Villalobos 06-20-2011 11:07 PM

http://gandhiappliances.com/images/Bosch-GSB16REenl.jpg

My grandafther have this kind of driller - this is what I'm using when I'm helping to him in the house in the country - these days I am stay whit them near Alcoy - not Alicante - cos he need the help and I'm a good worker too! I always were one!

I like the elegant blue's tone it have.

YIC, Mari:thumbsup:

Ezekiel Bathfire 06-21-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 767224)
I can't seem to see things that are right in front of my face.:wacko:

How old are you? You look about 75 and going down hill. That sort of thing comes with age. I know, I can give you a year or two.

If you ever get like that again, the trick is to mime the actions of what ever it is you're looking for, and you'll find it quick enough.

Pro Tip: If it's the katsup bottle and you'd shake it - keep your hand well above your waist...

Cranky Old Man 06-21-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 767322)
You look about 75 and going down hill. That sort of thing comes with age.

Nonsense! I am 74 years old and my eyesight is still flawless. Nobar just needs to pray harder.

Ezekiel Bathfire 06-21-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 767323)
Nonsense! I am 74 years old and my eyesight is still flawless.

Meh! That's what my uncle Amos was saying when the 'phone rang and he picked up his wife's hot iron and said, "Hello!"

May be God thinks Nobar's seen enough of the sorrows and sins of this world.

Billy Bob Jenkins 06-21-2011 12:20 AM

Surely you old men should be dying soon. I'm sure Jesus can't wait to have you at His side. :thumbsup:

SUV 06-21-2011 01:35 AM

Don't feel badly, Brother Nobar King. Only he who cannot see JESUS is truly blind :)

Daisy Mae Johnson 06-21-2011 03:13 AM

I think when objects get misplaced it's really demons playing tricks on people so they THINK they are losing their eyesight or their minds.

I agree with the suggestion to pray harder! Also, ask JESUS to rid your house of demons. They are always waiting for any opportunity to crawl inside a rectum and make a person gay. :pray:

HTannor 06-21-2011 11:54 AM

Brother Nobar, I would trust one of these in your hands at any time.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...lt_dc759ka.jpg

But, I shudder at the thought of a homer getting his hands on one.

I am going to write a letter to our Godly U.S. Senator, Charles Grassley, and demand he introduce legislation that would ban these items being sold to queers.

María Gálvez-Villalobos 06-21-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTannor (Post 767504)
Brother Nobar, I would trust one of these in your hands at any time.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...lt_dc759ka.jpg

But, I shudder at the thought of a homer getting his hands on one.

I am going to write a letter to our Godly U.S. Senator, Charles Grassley, and demand he introduce legislation that would ban these items being sold to queers.

I like THAT!:)

Shela Tansper 06-21-2011 02:20 PM

I like my JCB drill again nice and bright

http://image.become.co.uk/imageserve.../thumbnail.jpg

Nobar King 07-01-2011 12:52 AM

It's getting worse: This week I lost my car key. I spent a couple of days combing thru all of the junk in my house (over and over again) and was starting to think that I was going crazy. I gave up looking for the key but it turns out that it fell out of my pocket at the Country Buffet and I saw it pinned to the wall behind the cash register when I went in for my weekly Thursday senior night all-you-can-eat turkey with gravy feast. I went back for seconds and thirds and a slice of apple, cherry, pumpkin, and chocolate cream pie. I'm sure they're losing money on me. Anyway, I got my key back and I gave the hostess a dollar for saving it for me. I haven't lost my key since I got my Ford truck seventeen years ago; hopefully this doesn't become a regular thing.

SUV 07-01-2011 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 770457)
all-you-can-eat turkey with gravy feast. I went back for seconds and thirds and a slice of apple, cherry, pumpkin, and chocolate cream pie.

Oh, PRAISE!!! :thumbsup: