View Single Post
(#1)
Old
Visiting Pastor of Theology
True Christian™

Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Protected by JESUS

Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Bible Day 358: 2 John, 3 John, and Jude - 12-22-2016, 08:24 PM

2nd Letter of Apostle John

This short letter was written anonymously to a lady and her children (2 John 1:1). However, we can figure out the author is the same apostle as in the previous letter based on style and contents.

God's Truth™ lives in True Christians™ forever (2 John 1:2-4).

Here again, is the new commandment - which is not new at all:

2 John 1:
5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

So just in case you didn't got the point which was mentioned over and over and over again in the first letter, we are to love one another (2 John 1:6), get it?

Beware of the deceivers (2 John 1:7). We have to obey the doctrine of Christ (2 John 1:8-9).

Shun heathens:

2 John 1:10-11
10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

John has so much more to say, but he doesn't want to put it in writing:

2 John 1:12 Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Greetings for the kids, amen (2 John 1:13).

3rd Letter of Apostle John

This another very short letter is written to a guy named Gaius (3 John 1:1). John wants Gaius to be in good health (3 John 1:2), because others told John that Gaius is a good True Christian™ (3 John 1:3, 5-8). Nothing makes John more happy than seeing well behaved True Christians™ (3 John 1:4).

John complains about another guy named Diotrephes, who's not answering John's letters. He's a bad boy:

3 John 1:9-10
9 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.
10 Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.

Only people who are not True Christians™ can be evil - and in fact, all of them are evil:

3 John 1:11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

On the other hand, the Demetrius guy is a swell dude (3 John 1:12).

Again, John has so much more to say but he doesn't trust the written word (3 John 1:13). He's coming and he'll tell us all about it in person (3 John 1:14).

Letter of Jude

Jude begins his one and only letter (he wasn't much of a writer) with the customary greetings (Jude 1:1-2). He's writing to exhort us (Jude 1:3), because there are some filthy heathens in the midst of the True Christian™ flock:

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Beware of these filthy people - remember what God does to His enemies, just think of Egypt, Sodom and Gomorrah, and rebellious angels (Jude 1:5-9). They are filthy and corrupt (Jude 1:10-11). Their presence is like a stain on True Christian™ gatherings:

Jude 1:12-13
12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

These filthy individuals have been foretold in prophecies (Jude 1:14). They are ungodly (Jude 1:15) and they are whiners. Oh, God hates whiners:

John 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

So when you spot one of these ungodly whiners, remember what the Apostles told you (Jude 1:17), that we are living in the End Days (this time for real, people!):

Jude 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

These filthy false Christians basically are weeding themselves out (Jude 1:19), while the True Christians™ keep growing in Jesus (Jude 1:20-21).

Now, the final passage of the letter has been written to and about the Godly True Christians™ posting on this very board:

Jude 1:22-25
22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Yes we are doing all we can to pull others away from the fire, through our True Christian™ compassion and by inducing fear!

Rejoice, my True Christian™ Brothers and Sisters: Jude says that you are doing a fantastic job!