View Single Post
(#720)
Old
Unsaved trash

Megan1993 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Megan1993 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Megan1993 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Protect your family the Christian way! Get your daughter rape - 10-20-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
Hello Miss Megan!

I have been reading your posts and I must humbly admit that I am having trouble understanding your logic.

We have two sources of our knowledge about God: the Bible and history. Both are filled with horrendous examples of human cruelty committed in the name of and following direct orders from God. These two lines of evidence point to three possible explanations:

1. God doesn't exist.
2. God exists but isn't powerful enough to help people.
3. God exists, He can do everything, therefore everything goes just like He planned, which means that He enjoys human suffering, ethnocides committed for Him, slavery justified by His religion, oppression of women ordered by His religion, etc, etc.

So here's my question. When faced with the mounds of evidence pointing to these three possibilities, how do you justify in your head a belief in a nice, all loving God?

Or is it that you choose option 2, which sees God as powerless? In this case, He could be nice, but why waste time praying to Him if He cannot help you?
Because why believe in a vengeful god? It'd be a very depressing idea.
I'm mean seriously if a god was willing to sacrifice his own son for the sake of a sinful creation of his surely there has to be some love and mercy in his heart.
I don't believe God is powerless I just don't believe God really really isn't as angry and vengeful as y'all claim he is.

I mean seriously if God created us and endowed us with freewill how can he be mad at his own creation for exercising the freewill he endowed us with?

I personally choose to believe in a loving God because of the fact Jesus died on the cross for the sake of saving us.

I don't believe God is powerless I merely like to think god much rather likes to sit back and watch how his own creation lives.