Thread: Good Friday
View Single Post
(#24)
Old
Unsaved trash, Rabid joo

hamashiachagape is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.hamashiachagape is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.hamashiachagape is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Good Friday - 04-18-2010, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters View Post
Today, Good Friday, is the solemnest day of the year. On this day we remember that God so loved us that He temporarily sacrificed Himself to Himself to give Himself permission to avert His own wrath.

Our Lord had observed the feast of Passover with His disciples:

Mark 14:12-16: And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover? And he sendeth forth two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him. And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples? And he will shew you a large upper room furnished [and] prepared: there make ready for us. And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.

This shows that the Passover lamb was a foreshadowing of Jesus as the Lamb of God.

This was a journey that Our Lord had to undertake alone. Peter denied Him three times:

Mark 14:66-72: And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest: And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth. But he denied, saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew. And a maid saw him again, and began to say to them that stood by, This is [one] of them. And he denied it again. And a little after, they that stood by said again to Peter, Surely thou art [one] of them: for thou art a Galilaean, and thy speech agreeth [thereto]. But he began to curse and to swear, [saying], I know not this man of whom ye speak. And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

When Jesus was crucified on the third hour (around 9 a.m. according to modern timekeeping), the religious leaders and even the thieves who were crucified with Him mocked Him:

Mark 15:25, 31-32: And it was the third hour, and they crucified him. * * * Likewise also the chief priests mocking said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; himself he cannot save. Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

Remember what Our Lord endured for His Elect so that we may enjoy eternity with Him.
Ugh, before I clean up this mess, why does God need permission to do anything?

Lets also understand, Messianic Jews understand that the time line doesn't work for Christians. "As Jonah was in the belly of the whale for 3 days and 3 nights" so was Yeshua buried. Passover for that week was on Tuesday, he was crucified on Wed, stayed in the grave Thur, Frid and Sat evening he rose again.

The Christian way doesn't take into account the time allotted for Yeshua to stay in the ground.