View Single Post
(#2602)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

raffadizzle is fearful, unbelieving, a liar, a whoremonger, and abominable. Has a place in the Lake of Fire secured.
Default Re: What can you do if your daughter refuses to marry her rapist? - 06-07-2010, 09:13 AM

Here is what people who don't belong to this church need to understand.

1. The people of this church follow the bible word for word. Literally.

Literally.

2. Arguing what you think Jesus is with them is pointless, because since they believe everything in the Bible, EVERYTHING, they are some of the few people in the WORLD who can actually use bible verses without being hypocrites.

3. In this board, if you don't have the bible verse to back up your claim, you're pretty much wrong. All of these lovey-dovey images and ideas of jesus are wrong, because they stemmed from christians who cherry picked the good stuff from the bad stuff, which is what these people don't like. They take EVERYTHING from the bible, and believe it with frightening...umm.. enthusiasm.

4. I think they are terrible human beings for what they believe... but that is besides the point. What everyone has been doing is trying to fight in their territory. Since they believe EVERYTHING in the bible, you can't argue with them.. because they're technically right. If you are trying to convince them Jesus is a certain way, but an actual bible verse says otherwise... considering the opposing party actually believes the entire book... you're wrong, and they're right. It's the same exact way as if you were arguing about something in the field of science, the only difference being... well I should say in this case that's the only similarity, because both subjects are pretty much polar opposite in every way.

In conclusion... just let them be, no matter how much it pains you how wrong you think they are... in this particular battle, you can't win.

P.S., However; they don't take into account different translations I've noticed. I've seen many posts saying "No, it doesn't say this, it says THIS. See how the comma is in a different place and gives it a whole new meaning? That's what WE believe, yours is wrong." Then that stems into what makes one version better than the other, blah blah blah, pointless stuff to argue considering I'm in their realm, and what governs the rules are verses in the Bible, which I can't compete with.

In my most final conclusion-y conclusion, just forget about it. Leave them be. In their realm, what rules are Bible versus, and subsequently, that means they're right xD.

~~~~
I do have one question to ask, and I'm being as sincere and non sarcastic as possible.

Much of the responses to people in obvious objection to your opinions have ended in you (collective you) calling them: witches, whores/sluts, demons, etc. Why do you use such hurtful language to people who aren't "witches," who most likely aren't sexually promiscuous, and who obviously aren't satan possessed. I can tell you right now I don't worship satan or sleep around. Are you going to call me names even though I've approached your forum calmly even though I could have reacted like every single other yahoo you've seen in the past 2 years on this thread? It would make me in my