View Single Post
(#19)
Old
Unruly True Christian™ Maverick
Forum Member

Vayhr of the Warhost is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.Vayhr of the Warhost is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: where does the bible speak against pedophilia ? - 07-17-2008, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joh View Post
Where in the bible does it speak against pedophilia. since I have never found a single verse condemning it but it is strongly condemned amoung chrsitans, so they must have some bibilical basis for that. ? would anyone know ?
The Bible does not speak against pedophilia to my knowledge. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, Jesus encourages it in certain situations.

Numbers 31:17-18 states, "Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

And you know what that entails, right? Because in Deuternomy 21:11-13 it says, "And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife."

However, Romans 13 states we must obey those in power as long as they don't demand blatant ungodly behavior and promote the destruction of evil action. If those in power (i.e the U.S. Government) say that it is illegal to have sexual relations with very young girls then we as True Christian feel pedophilia is a bad thing.