View Single Post
(#24)
Old
Apparently not part of the domestic staff; suspected academic
Forum Member

Christian Love Protected by JESUS Messicant Touched by Jesus Friend of Jesus Heaven Bound Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars

Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
Yea that is a good point, but i think the part where you saying they point to something noneexistent is kinda interesting. This would take into the fact that there is nothing there, which we do not know. I think a better metaphor might be "all religions point to the giant clouded area in the sky." since we do not know wether or not something is there.
Now, that is getting closer to a solid agnostic position. Even better would be "religions point to something, but it is unclear whether they are pointing to something that actually exists or not, as we have no actual evidence of anything being pointed at".

Quote:
Yes i guess that is kind of correct, however i believe that mabye the creators died before earth's creation? That way there would be no way for them to interact.
If the hypothetical creator died before the Earth's creation, that means that Earth was not created but formed following the natural laws of physics, and you cannot credit a creator with any form of life on Earth.

Don't get me wrong - I see your point - that was basically the idea popular among the American Founding Fathers, many of whom were deists, that is they believed God started it all and then left or died - so basically, any worship of God is a waste of time because nobody is there.

Nonetheless, I personally don't see a point of believing in a sky daddy that died - the whole point of believing in God is to worship Him on this earth in hopes of achieving eternal life after death.

Quote:
I belive so because life is complicated. Not only that but the whole universe is. There might be an offchance that all of existence happened out of pure luck, but i think it would be more likely some other being designed it this way.
You really think someone actually designed things like terrible genetic diseases? That actually someone designed the whole scheme of life as "eat or be eaten"?

Don't you think that if someone designed life, that it would be... nicer? Without children dying of cancer? Without individual organism survival depending on the ability to kill and eat smaller organisms and to escape the hungry mouths of larger ones?

Given that the design of life is cruel, random, and quite stupid, really, do you think that the designer of life was cruel or stupid?

Because if we were intelligently designed, our bodies would not start breaking down as soon as we reach 30 years of age, and we would not have so many problems related to our bipedalism!

Quote:
This is also a good argument against a creator. But this is something we simply can't answer. It is like thinking how did the universe get created? The big bang? Well how did the big bang appear? It is something we might never get the answer to. Mabye there never has been a begining to the line of creators? Who knows?
Since these answers are by definition unanswerable, why bother having an opinion in the first place? It's like if you were trying to have an opinion about the taste of Andean huatia without ever eating food prepared this way.

And yet here you are, having opinions on the existence of a creator.

Huatia.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.