View Single Post
(#1)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls True Scientist™ Long service medal, 3rd class

Dr. Laurie PHD has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Laurie PHD has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Laurie PHD has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Laurie PHD has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Laurie PHD has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Laurie PHD has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Laurie PHD has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Laurie PHD has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Laurie PHD has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Laurie PHD has bribed people to get these reputation points.Dr. Laurie PHD has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Thumbs down Book review: Day Of Empire and The Deserter's Tale - 05-21-2008, 06:48 AM

At last week's book burning I was verbally assaulted by a heathen who accused me of "burning books I had not even read". So, to prove that particular heathen wrong, I've decided to spare the occasional book from the flames, for a week, so I can read and review it. This week the books I (temporarily) saved are Day Of Empire by Amy Chua, and The Deserter's Tale by Joshua Key.

I'm not a very fast reader, so by sacrificing comprehension for speed, and by reading during appointments (when I'm usually doodling on my notepad anyway) I've managed to read an astounding 500 pages this week. That's 100 pages per day, people! About 20 pages per appointment! Factor in that I'm just a woman, and that my patients keep interrupting me with their usual whiney babble about "pastor touched me as a child" this and "I still wake up screaming 'please stop hitting me daddy'" that.

Day Of Empire by Amy Chua

This book is about "hyperpowers" whatever that means. Did anicent Persia need ritalin? Maybe Ming Dynasty China needed to just run around the block to blow some steam off? It seems she defines the term as "a nation that dominates the world". Well, we already have a book about that, it's about the nation of the King of Kings and it's called the BIBLE.

Its thesis is that world-dominating powers gain and maintain their power by what she calls "Strategic Tolerance". She claims, for example, that Britian gained power because of tolerating Jewish Bankers and Scottish skirt-wearers. Sorry, Mrs. Amy Chinkua, but Ango-Saxons know that power does not flow from the barrel of a peace pipe, but from a smallpox-infected blanket and a well-practiced whip-arm. And the well-worn knees of Praying to God to bless our Injin-killing, slave-driving ways, which He has!

But the real intolerace that Amy never factors in the the Liberal cultural elitist (aka Jewish) intolerance of non-Jews, who they call "rednecks" and so on. Americans are sick of how the Condescending Coastal Jewish Elite are always patronizing us. Saying condescending things like "women are equal to men" What nonsense. Conservatives never condescend me, they just tell me that I'm inferior because I'm a woman, and that's the truth.

The Deserter's Tale by Joshua Key

As you'd expect, this is just a load of rationalizations from a coward. He doesn't claim to be a coward, but then, liberals have a weird definition of "bravery" and "cowardice" which I need to clarify.

Liberals think that "bravery" means taking risks. By that standards, every drunk driver is brave, and people who play russian roulette are heros. No, courage means the ability to shut up one's concience and to do what has to be done. Cowardice and squeamishness are the exact same thing. Joshua Key deserted because he was too squeamish - that is, too cowardly - to help his platoon kill and rape Iraqis. Perhaps, Joshua, you should open the book you were named after: - THE BOOK OF JOSHUA - and find out what GOD has planned for the Iraqi people (and the entire Middle East):

1:3 Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.
1:4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.

The Middle East belongs to us. God wants the squatters evicted. The only question is, HOW does He want them Evicted?

God doesn't desert because of collateral damage. Rather, he insists upon it. "So Joshua ... utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded." (10:40) And he's not just an innocent bystander either. He is an active combatant. "The Lord God fought for Israel." (10:42) God "slew them with a great slaughter" and even "chased them along the way." Sometimes he "threw down great stones from heaven," and once he even stopped the sun from moving so that he and the Israelites could finish all their killing before sundown. (10:10-12)
Here are a few highlights.
  • Joshua killed "everything that breathed" in each of the cities that he conquered, "as the Lord God of Israel commanded." 6:21, 8:24 - 40, 11:8 - 21
  • A family is stoned and burned to death (along with their animals) to punish the father (Achan) for looking at "the accursed thing." "So the LORD turned from the fierceness of his anger." 7:24-26
  • God threw down "great stones from heaven" so that he could kill even more people than the Israelites "slew with the sword." 10:11
  • God makes the sun and moon stand still so that Joshua could get all his killing done before dark. 10:12-13
  • "The Lord fought for Israel." 10:14
  • "For it was of the LORD to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly." 11:20
  • Remember that God "is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins." 24:19
Conclusion:

Two books well burnt!

Founder and CEO Methodological Methods Labs L.L.C. Savvy doctor-shoppers shop here!

Donate to the Sacred Life Sperm Bank today! "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you". -Jeremiah 1:5, and Psalm 139:13

Last edited by Jeb Stuart Thurmond; 05-23-2018 at 03:02 PM.