View Single Post
(#9)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

Mark Antony is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.Mark Antony is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Charles Lindbergh's 1939 Reader's Digest article - 10-30-2009, 06:15 AM

Dear Jeb-

You may or may not have noted my introduction forum posts. I am an Aussie of heathen "Darwinist" educational background, striving against this to become a True Christian. I find Charles' article most interesting - but confusing.

In our sickular, multicultural-tolerant Aussie school system, much is made of Greek classical culture as a critical foundationstone for modern Western development. And a large proportion of Australia's population is of Greek origin, and overweeningly filled with hubris they are of thier mighty contributions to the story of mankind.

But now that I am reading the KJV-1611, I see these Greeks for what they are - the "Christian" Orthodoxy of Constantine "the Great"! And those chaps at Marathon, Thermopylae and the rest - sure, much kudos for thier unmatched example of Manliness - but these people were Idolaters! Not even any Imperfect version of Christianity at all. Most confusing of all, the KJV-1611 doesn't seem to talk about these things anywhere! As though God thinks them of ZERO importance.

These apparent contradictions are as the knot of Gordia to me, the philosophical ramifications are beyond my shallow understanding of God's Plan.
Classical Greece empahsises personal achievement and daring, pride and competitiveness, and induvidual opinion - while Christianity emphasises humility, obedience and homogeny of opinion.

Perhaps you could generously expound further on these apparent paradoxes, so as to show me the relationship between these cultures - I fear I am as a dacian catamite before these weighty questions, and seek your enlightened assistance.