View Single Post
(#14)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

DDM1985 is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.DDM1985 is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.DDM1985 is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Why working on a Sunday and other crimes are worse than rape - 06-20-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob4God View Post
Of course this should not imply that GOD needed to rest, because He's GOD and not a weakling.

GOD often leads by example, but He is not always bound by His own rules. For instance, He did not enter into marriage with Mary before impregnating her with an embodiment of one-third of Himself, nor did He condemn her or Himself to death for miraculous sex out of wedlock.

And of course He did not bar JESUS from entering into the congregation for being a bastard.

GOD has to break His own rules sometimes to save humankind from the consequences of breaking His rules, but only if they follow the old and new rules.
That's some interesting insight, but it brings up a question to my mind:

Even if God breaks one of His own laws, did He really break it? I'm not asking if God actually did it or not; I'm just asking if it could actually be considered Him breaking His laws... considering that He's perfect...