View Single Post
(#145)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Brother John has had a couple of people click the rep button.Brother John has had a couple of people click the rep button.Brother John has had a couple of people click the rep button.Brother John has had a couple of people click the rep button.
Default Re: Questions for Evolutionist to answer - 02-18-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Dr. Davidson View Post
Prove this one... I have studies religions over half my life, and I remember no mention of a great meteor. In Viking mythos, the fire giant Sutur will defeat Frey and his fire will devour the nine worlds. This is after Skoll devours the sun of course. It's called the Ragnarok.

You really need to research facts before you open your mouth, or in this case, before you try to type.
It's only part of Ragnarok and not everything burns up, as a certain patch (Idavoll) in Asgard survives, as well as part of the world tree Yggdrasil and various non-described worlds. (Yes, I just finished reading the Edda ^^)
Anyhow, point is that people mightn't have been able explain what they saw then, but they knew it happened. A great flood, an eclipse, meteors, they were all things that were out of order. Most possibly a reason to include them in their writings as doomsday scenarios.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Temperance
Well, rocks are where you evilutionists claim that life came from. But I restate my question: Ever seen a soup turn into a dog? A dog turn into a monkey? A monkey into a man?
First of all: evolution and the creation of organisms are unrelated. Whether a bacteria was created by God and allowed to evolve, everything was created by God individually, or we're a product of chance and time, both things are not related.
Now, on the matter of things springing out of rocks: that is indeed preposterous. The Urey-Miller experiment, however, proved that the basic molecules that we consist of can easily be made out of CO2, CH4, N2 and H2 plus heat and lightning, all of which were present in the early stages of Earth (3.5 billion years ago). It provides an indication that we are the product of those gases mentioned earlier. The reason that it doesn't happen now is that the conditions aren't met nowadays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother V
But, as been shown before, carbon dating only goes back to 60,000 years. So where do the numbers for 3.5 billion, 65 million, 10 million come from, when they can't place anything older than what they claim is 60,000 years?
Geological dating does not rely upon carbon dating. Carbon dating is used for the dating back of organic material (anything that is or was alive), and thus contains carbon. The dating of Earth and other planets relies on the analysis of magnetic fiels, the concentrations of iron, nickel, and trace elements as cobalt, ... (to a lesser degree). What can be used is the presence of carbon (as a whole, not only the radioactive isotopes) in higher concentrations as an indication for life, by analysing the immediate surroundings one could then guess when those organisms lived.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Temperance
Exactly! If evilution were true, the inferior primates would have died out by now. There is no way Darwinism can explain the continuing existence of inferior primates such as this one:
They are physically superior though... Jesse Owens in his day blew away Aryan theories, or at least those based on physical strength.

Sorry for the unstructured reply, I scrolled down a couple times and copied some stuff on which my gaze fell.