View Single Post
(#45)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

LittleStarGirl is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Why haven't my tokens of virginity regenerated yet? - 04-20-2011, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Of course He has. As He told the adulterous woman, "Go, and SIN NO MORE."

Not, "Go, and keep on sinning."

Not, "Go, and only commit little sins."

Not, "Go, and try not to sin so much."

No, He said, "Sin NO MORE." EVER.

He expects the same of you and me. He forgives sins of those who truly repent. Since your actions are the result of your choices, you must choose to sin.

If you choose to sin, you aren't Saved.
only God is perfect. man IS NOT PERFECT. therefore, even when man is saved, sin is inevitable. it is vain and naive to believe otherwise. Jesus commanded the woman to sin no more, yes. But even if she had sinned again and repented, he would forgive again. Satan WILL find ways to tempt you. everyone is prone to sin and EVERYONE falls short of the glory of God. Not just the unsaved. Not just the sinners. EVERYONE, thank you very much.

Quote:
Chapter and verse, please show me exactly where Jesus says that "only the ten commandments" are still in effect.
Quote:
Matthew 5:17-19
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

John 5:46-47
For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.
But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
This does not state explicitly that it is only the ten commandments. But seeing as all the other laws of the land fit into the ten commandments (if they are correctly kept), then he would be referring to the commandments. Paul says in his letter to the church of Colossae that the laws of the land are no longer necessary since Jesus' death on the cross. We are liberated from these, but not the ten commandments.