View Single Post
(#2)
Old
Fourm Member
Forum Member

True Christian™ Heaven Bound True Christian Caucasian True Christian Homemaker True Christian Lady Christian Love 1st Year Bible College Real American™ The Lord’s Witness Wound Heaven Bound Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Bronze Tither Best Pie One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Mama Grizzly Persecuted The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Pro-Life Punched the most queers True Republican

BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: DIVORCED? Return to your husband or BURN IN HELL! - 10-17-2010, 07:04 AM

Brother, I have not seen such a wonderful explanation of Matthew 5:32, my question though is what should a man should do in this secular society where having your wife stoned for adultery is pretty much impossible. Also, does the wife have the same right?

I also want to point out that in secular society, you no longer marry until "death do we part". In fact, these are the legal vows we were required to say in Canada.
Quote:
Do you ___(party 1) undertake to afford to
___(party 2) the love of your person, the
comfort of your companionship, and the
patience of your understanding; and to share
equally of the necessities of life as they may be
earned or enjoyed by you; to respect the dignity
of their person, their own inalienable personal
rights, and to recognize the right of counsel and
consultation upon all matters relating to the
present or the future of the household
established by this marriage?

[snip]
May you enjoy length of days, fulfillment of
hopes, and peace and contentment of mind, as
you day by day live and fulfill the terms of this
covenant you have made with one another
Yes, Party 1 & Party 2 because the gays can marry up there.
A husband is ORDERED to "respect his wife's right to council (i.e. lawyers)
A husband is ORDERED to share everything he owns
There is no "until death do you part" it's basically seen as a legal partnership, to be dissolved in the same way.

Drama queen