View Single Post
(#43)
Old
Unsaved trash

Cherry-picker Fluffy bunny

epignosis is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1- - 04-14-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Disciple View Post
Friend, God also creates evil:

Isaiah 45:7:
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

According to your logic, this would imply that evil is therefore "perfect" as well.

Friend, how do you know the "seal of the Holy Spirit" Paul speaks of is the same as the "seal on the foreheads" of the 144.000?

Anyway, does this mean that you accept that Salvation™ is something we will not lose anymore, once we've attained it?
Hi True Disciple
James 1:13-14 (King James Version)

13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Rightly, God brought evil or calamity upon Adam for his disobedience. Hence, in the Scriptures, God is referred to as the Creator of evil or calamity. (Isa 45:7; compare KJ.)
His enforcing of the penalty for sin, namely, death, has proved to be an evil, or a calamity, for mankind.
So, then, evil is not always synonymous with wrongdoing.
Examples of evils or calamities created by God are the Flood of Noah’s day and the Ten Plagues visited upon Egypt. But these evils were not wrongs. Rather, the rightful administration of justice against wrongdoers was involved in both cases. However, at times God, in his mercy, has refrained from bringing the intended calamity or evil in execution of his righteous judgment because of the repentance on the part of those concerned. (John 3:10)
Additionally, in having a warning given, God has undeservedly provided opportunities for the practicers of bad to change their course and thus to keep living.—Eze 33:11.

Quote:
Friend, how do you know the "seal of the Holy Spirit" Paul speaks of is the same as the "seal on the foreheads" of the 144.000?
Revelation 7:2-4 (King James Version)

2And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

4And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

The seal itself is figurative, but the number is a sealed number. Compared to the second group, that no man can number,... is not sealed.

Quote:
Anyway, does this mean that you accept that Salvation™ is something we will not lose anymore, once we've attained it?
It is the one that endures to end that will be saved. That means either when we die ( we get old and die), or when when God's government takes over ( God takes away Satan as ruler of the earth) at Armageddon. Both groups have a reward if they remain faithful. The sealed go to heaven to rule with Jesus, the crowd that can not be numbered remain on the earth.
Once in heaven ruling with Jesus those ones are immortal, they will not lose salvation ever. The ones on the earth can live forever, but they are not immortal.
So once the sealed ones attain immortality they will never lose it.