View Single Post
(#10)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Atheist_Sinner is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: The economy is doing FINE by historical standards! - 03-22-2008, 07:17 AM

Jeb. Your total debt chart is utterly worthless as it doesn't account for inflation. A million in debt for Truman is much more difficult to repay and purchased a lot more than a million for Clinton. You can almost compare presidents to their immediate neighbors but even then you're likely looking at a 15-30% difference in prices between the start of a president's first term and the end of his second.

I'll have to congratulate you on managing to find that GW Bush's economic situation is better than the Great Depression and the Oil Embargo if you look at one particular measure. Thats like saying WWII was better for Europe than the Bubonic Plague; it still doesn't mean that either of them were good.

Anyway, onto economic analysis, I predict a 99.99% chance that the Republicans will continue whining about the Democrats raising taxes until they are back in the White House and Congress and then the Democrats will start whining about the Republicans raising the debt. Does that seem to be a fair prediction from your economic experience Jeb?

If I meet your God or his representative after my death I'll gladly admit I was incorrect in my belief of his nonexistence. I'll also admit to him that I do not and will not regret my belief because it was based on the best information available to me.
--Atheist_Sinner