View Single Post
(#49)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Location: UK, or wherever the Lord's work takes me and my 'Long'
Warrior of God has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Warrior of God has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Warrior of God has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Warrior of God has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Warrior of God has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Warrior of God has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: POLL: Do women have souls? - 08-31-2008, 04:57 PM

As to the issue of women and souls. It is a tricky one...

I think there may well be a case to say certain women are granted one.
That may even be a devine merit system the Lord operates.
It may even have a lot to do with fulfilling their major functions under God's words.
Jeremiah possibly hints at this by using childbirth as a comparison to the woman's state in the quote, almost as though the allocation of a soul is a reward for tribulations...

Jeremiah 4:31
For I have heard a voice as of a woman in travail, and the anguish as of her that bringeth forth her first child, the voice of the daughter of Zion, that bewaileth herself, that spreadeth her hands, saying, Woe is me now! for my soul is wearied because of murderers.

as does

Genesis 35:16-19
And they journeyed from Bethel; and there was but a little way to come to Ephrath: and Rachel travailed, and she had hard labour. And it came to pass, when she was in hard labour, that the midwife said unto her, Fear not; thou shalt have this son also. And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin. And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Bethlehem.

I noticed both referred to a woman ,at least briefly, having a soul, but both were dealing wth burdens of their gender.

Ok, so i wondered if we might be seeing God looking at a woman , deciding she had been a good one , and granting her tenure on a soul.

Perhaps there is also an element of 'encouraging the others'...If a woman is rewarded for her efforts, for her gentle passive nature, or maybe even being of fairer more comely form than some others. that would be a good way to get them all to try harder.

BUT...perhaps it also works the other way...
Once you have the soul, your game better not slip or
wham, God just takes that soul back.... as in Genesis above...
and possibly here...

1 Samuel 1:15
And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD.

is Hannah saying, I have been generally a good person, I have not abused alcohol etc, BUT,
does her being 'a woman of sorrowful spirit ' mean she was a nagging, lazy, unwilling , lemon mouthed ,old harridan, who didn't heed her husband and see to his needs well enough. perhaps her pies were even poor grade, and her womanly efforts begrudged.
maybe 'sorrowful spirit'...means she was just downright depressing to be around...
Thus , as she made her husband's life more hardship prone instead of easing it, she realised she had lost her claim on the soul she had been allocated , and therefore ,
'poured out my(her) soul before the LORD.'
as in realised, or been told her error , and surrendered it as pennance or justifiable compensation. Her soul had been a loaner, and she knew she had broken the terms of the agreement...

This is a hard one...
I do feel there must be some women in the glorious hereafter...Why would God let the Devil have all the comely ones, good ones , and those who could keep it shut and turn out good pies...
So, I think some must get a run at having a soul...
Maybe , it's God's way of stressing the natural order and reminding women to keep their butts in gear when it comes to serving men's needs...

Seek Salvation in Him,
or His Judgement will seek you.