View Single Post
(#589)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Honorary Ex-Negro/Negress/Nigglet Proud Niglet Sponsorer Protected by JESUS

Ted Jones has bribed people to get these reputation points.Ted Jones has bribed people to get these reputation points.Ted Jones has bribed people to get these reputation points.Ted Jones has bribed people to get these reputation points.Ted Jones has bribed people to get these reputation points.Ted Jones has bribed people to get these reputation points.Ted Jones has bribed people to get these reputation points.Ted Jones has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: God HATES Rational Thinking! - 11-27-2018, 08:12 AM

As a negro man that has a little bit of education behind me, really needed this sermon badly.

Being taught to over analyze everything in life, has made me a person with no true faith or direction in life. And that was because I didn't believe in anything, not even myself. But I know now that the minute I start to questioning anything that comes from the Bible, is the day that God is going to punish me for not being a true follower.

The whole sermon was wonderful, but the following quotes stood out the most for me:

Quote:
To encourage man to abstain from rational thinking, God often punishes those who try to supplant obedience to God with this evil way of thinking:

Deuteronomy 29:19-20:
And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst:
The LORD will not spare him, but then the anger of the LORD and his jealousy shall smoke against that man, and all the curses that are written in this book shall lie upon him, and the LORD shall blot out his name from under heaven.

God warns you: if you think you can decide for yourself what and what not to do, instead of obeying His Law, He will destroy you.
Knowing that God will destroy me, if I don't obey His Law, truly puts the fear in my heart. And I always knew that acting like I was smart, only took me further away from God, and not closer. I just didn't have the faith back than, that I have now.

Quote:
You cannot understand the Bible rationally, you need to believe in it, and only then you will see it starts to make sense. Until that time, you are deluded:

Philippians 4:6-7:
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I never had faith in my life, nor did I believe in anything...I do believe there's a first for everything, and I'm choosing to start believing in the Bible, and never question anything that's in it.

Quote:
Matthew 11:25-26:
At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

You cannot see the Wisdom of the Bible, because God has hidden it from you. Be like a child (which means unquestionably accepting of whatever God tells you in the Bible), and you will go to Heaven.
I need to start being like a child again, because I don't want to go to hell, and I want to become a good Christian. I will accept whatever God tells me in the Bible, because I'm starting to see that He along, is the only person that can save my soul.

Quote:
It seems that Paul was really getting the hang of it while writing the first epistle to the Corinthians:

1 Corinthians 8:2-3:
And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothingyet as he ought to know.
But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

Don’t try to discover things, because you will never know things. You should love God instead.
I'm done doing more than I need to be doing, because that has only made me into a thinker and not a true follower.

I'm going to love God instead, and focus my life on only being a good servant to Him, and nothing else.