View Single Post
(#11)
Old
Preserving Freehold's dead for Christ's return

Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound Friend of Jesus Christian Love True Christian™ 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College TC Bravery Ready for the Rapture Real American™ Early riser Ex-eurotrash The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus BFF of Jesus Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Alternative Facts Saved 1 Year Proud Team Fortress Denier

Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: How long did the Creation of the World take? - 08-19-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
And then we have: Exodus 20:10-11 and this seems to be that the six days of creation was followed by the Sabbath day of rest was a cycle of the same kind of seven day week that was to become the pattern of Israel's experience. It's hard for me to imagine someone coming to some other kind of conclusion unless he seeks to accommodate extra-biblical considerations from philosophy (that papist, Augustine,) or science (a la contemporary old earthers).
I've heard old-earthers say the seventh day is still ongoing, because according to Genesis 2:2-3 God has been resting from His work of creation for at least the last 6,000 years - so if the seventh day is a long stretch of time, then the other six days must be too. But if that's true, then we have a problem when we come to Exodus 20:10-11, which you quoted. Either:

i.) Men must work for 4.5 billion years (if we accept the geographical age of the earth) before being allowed to have a day off, in which case no one can keep God's commandment to observe the Sabbath and we are all damned to hell (James 2:10) - which God would never allow

or

ii.) Men must work six days before having >6,000 years off, which would also be impossible to keep (Psalm 90:10) and damn everyone to hell as well as destroy the economy.

Either way, old-earth creationists are going to hell. But since we True Christians™ are not going to hell (Titus 1:2), we can conclude that a literal week of seven 24-hour days is the only plausible interpretation.