View Single Post
(#4)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Friend of Jesus Most Obedient True Christian™ True Christian Lady Best stoning bucket Touched by Jesus True Christian Beauty Ex-eurotrash Real American™ In Love With Zeke One Year/1000 posts Hands Off

Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Casting Lots: How to Discern God’s Will - 02-23-2014, 07:44 PM

Most interesting, Brother Dr Pendergast. I think (after reading it through several times) that I understand most of it, but I am a bit puzzled by this part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
The Hebrew word for lot is gorawl (pebble). The ancient Hebrews cast stones to determine the will of God. Simple as that.
This made me think of the beautiful story of Our and the woman taken in adultery, specifically of John 8:7

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Is Jesus talking about stoning the woman for adultery (as I had always understood it)? Or is he suggesting that a True Christian™ in the group should cast lots, using a stone, in order to judge her innocence or guilt, so as to decide whether or not she should be stoned?

I am sure this is a foolish question, but you know how I have come to rely on your explanations in matters of theology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
Next time you need to solve a problem in the home or in the church, don’t rely on random investigative work – cast lots!
I certainly shall! Is there a preferred device for this - flipping a coin seems the simplest and most accessible method, but is this acceptable to ?

YiC
AW

2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: