View Single Post
(#25)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

KirsiK is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Christian Domestic Discipline: Should The Husband Discipline His Wife In front of the Kids? - 10-02-2019, 08:45 AM

DearBrother`s and Sister`s in Christ,

Three yearsago brother “Sword of Christ” asked a question that I feel is very interesting:

“when thehusband is placed in the position when he has to apply corporal punishment toan unruly wife should he do it in front of the kids?”

I know thatI join the conversation very late, but I think the question is so interestingand important that I would like to write something about it anyway.

As I seeit, the question can be divided into three parts: 1) should the children KNOWthat daddy is spanking mommy? 2) Should the children HEAR when daddy isspanking mommy? And 3) should the children SEE daddy spank mommy?

As I seeit, the children should definitely know that daddy spanks mommy. To try to keepit a secret from the children is not very practical, but especially it is likelying to the children. A parent should always be honest to his/her children. Besides,children are smart and figure things out, so I do not think that the parentscould keep it a secret for very long anyway. Perhaps what is most important, isthat trying to keep it a secret is like the parents should be ashamed of their ChristianDomestic Discipline lifestyle. A life style that I personally feel is naturaland as God intended.

So, thechildren should know that daddy spanks mommy, but should they hear thespankings? Yes, I think they should. To be open about daddy spanking mommy, butthen only do it when the children are not at home makes it seem like theparents consider the discipline as something wrong and dirty. So, I see nothingwrong in the children hearing the smacking and cracking sounds as daddies hand,belt, hairbrush, paddle, cane, switch or what ever other tool he uses lands onmommies bare buttocks mixed with mommies screams, howling and crying.

But shouldthe children only hear daddy spank mommy and never see him do it? Of course notevery spanking has to happen openly in front of the children. Sometimes thespankings can happen in the privacy of the parent`s bedroom, but I see nothingwrong in some of the spankings also taking place also in front of the children.After all, in a Christian Domestic Discipline family spanking should be anormal form of discipline that doesn`t have to be hidden from other familymembers.

As SisterHandmaiden said:

“I thinkthat the children can learn a great deal from witnessing this sort of behavior.They will learn basic methodology, of course, as in how hard to hit, how manyblows to land, and the proper prayerful attitude to assume before administeringthe discipline.”

I agreewith Sister Handmaiden. The parents task is to prepare the children for theirroles as adults, so in a Christian Domestic Discipline family it is animportant part of the upbringing to introduce the children to the disciplinepart of a marriage.

Like SisterAnne Sayne says:

“It's greatto do it in front of the kids. It will teach the boys what to do when they'rewives act up in the future, and the girls will learn lessons on husbandsubmission.”

Yes, Iagree fully. It shows the sons what their role will be as future husbands andfathers and it shows the daughters that they are never too old for properdiscipline. That can be a good and valuable lesson for the daughters,especially when they are in their teenage years.

SincerelyYours,
Sister KirsiK