View Single Post
(#26)
Old
Ladies of Landover Senior VP
One of the Truest Christians™ Ever
Mama Grizzly and formerly Sister Mary Maria
True Christian™

Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 3rd class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Christian Love Real American™ Cleanest Kitchen True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ Platinum Tither Ribfest '07 True Christian Homemaker Ex-Mary Worshipper Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS TC Bravery Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Friend of Jesus Most Obedient Mrs. Sarah Palin Lady of the Year 2010 Flat Earth Mission to Australia Mama Grizzly Persecuted Pro-Life The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Batman Shooting Survivor Guns, Guts and GLORY! Kirk Cameron Fan Club The Lord’s Witness Wound Early riser Proud Niglet Sponsorer Home Schooled Jailed for JESUS Paula Deen Negro Support Group Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years

Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Just a little reminder on how Christian woman should dress! - 04-22-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petal View Post
i gots a kwestion about them lady ettiquettes. nows, when 2 ladys show up to churchs on sunday mornings an they both be wearings the same dress, who has to go homes an puts a differint dress on? is it the younger ladys or the lady who not be marrieds to a senior pastors? an what if it be 2 ladys who have them same social standings? cuz i not thinks lord Jesus approves of them christian lady kitty fights

Excellent question, Petal! Well done!
Pastor's wives always get first choice, but most women in church aren't married to the pastors. There are ways to determine who gets to wear the dress in question.
First you have to look at tithing status. If one is in a lower tithing tier, she must be the one to go home to change. Unless the dress is inexpensive enough that the higher level tither should go home in shame to dress in something more appropriate. Remember, "costly array" as preached against in 1 Timothy 2:9 is subjective! The more money that's available to buy an outfit, the less costly that outfit is!
If they are both equal tithers, then it depends on marital status. A married woman's dress would be picked out for her by her husband, and an unmarried woman's dress picked out for her by her father. While a woman should honor her father (Exodus 20:12), her husband is the head of her just as Christ is the head of the man (1 Corinthians 11:3). Besides, if she's old enough to be considered a woman, why isn't she married yet? There must be something wrong with her! Thus the spinster would be the one who would have to go change.
If they are equal tithers and have the same marital status, the next thing to consider is age. 1 Timothy 5:2 tells us to treat elder women as mothers and the younger as sisters. Going back to Exodus 20:12, we should also honor our mothers, so the older women gets to wear the dress.
But what if both women are equal tithers of the same marital status and age? What then? Normally when one is facing a tough question like this, the only thing to do is ask a pastor. However, considering it's at church on Sunday, the pastors have better things to do than to worry about the petty concerns of women!
The best thing to do in this situation is for the women to speak to the highest ranking member of the Ladies of Landover who is available (unless it's Mrs. Betty Bowers - do NOT bother Mrs. Bowers). I'm senior vice president, so I'd be pleased to help any Platinum or Gold Tithers if my husband, Mr. Whitford, could spare me.

Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
All a-Twitter for Salvation!
Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
My Ladies of Landover profile!