View Single Post
(#515)
Old
Unsaved trash, teenaged gaywad
Under Investigation

BumbleGear is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.BumbleGear is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.BumbleGear is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Oblivion: Video Game Promoting WITCHCRAFT, SATANISM, & POLYTHEISM - 02-15-2014, 02:05 AM

Hello, I can see how this game can upset you. I am a Christian myself but I am also a huge fan of the game, and the whole series. But I noticed on your list you have gotten many things incorrect. And I want to show you my take on it...

- Elves are not Demons. The Eleven race originated from the book The Lord of The Rings, written by J.R.R Tolkien. (A Christian writer) I'm sure you are familiar with it. These Elves are just another race, just like all the others in the selection.

- Although you can cast spells, it is entirely optional. No one is forced to use magic. And it is not difficult to play the game with out it.

- The game is based around mythology. Of course there is no mention of God or Jesus. In fact, it does not even take place in the same universe. It takes place on the continent of Tamriel, on the planet of Nirn. So the entire thing is made up. And yes, the prayer thing is true. But no one goes into a 30 minute prayer session. You just tap the space bar and you're good.

- Although they share a similar appearance, Oblivion is not Hell. You are required to go in there to beat the story line, but it can be completely ignored all together.

- Stealing is NOT promoted. Although you CAN steal, city's and towns are heavily guarded. You will be taken to Jail or fined if caught. Telling the player go at your own risk.

- No, No, No Daedra are the enemy! That's the whole point of the Oblivion crisis! You're supposed to be the hero! To cast out the Daedra! You also can't do quests for them. In another point. These demons are not our demons. This is a completely different universe.

- Yes Alcohol is in the game. But the game is rated M! If you're so concerned about this game corrupting our children then don't let them play rated M games it's simple!

- Birth signs are nothing more than deciding what fits your play style best. Be it the Warrior, or the Steed. Etc.

- Vampires are despised, and hated in the land of Cyrodill. If you become one no one will want anything to do with you. Forcing you to find a cure.

There are down sides to this game yes, it was not developed by Christians but I HIGHLY doubt it was created to promote Satanism. It is obvious you looked through as I like to call "Cherry picking" through the game and picked out ALL the bad stuff and made it sound as horrible as possible.

What about when you are praised as the "Hero of Kvatch!" When you saved a City from being corrupted by an Oblivion gate?

What about when you rid a cave of necromancers terrorizing an Inn just below?

What about when you are praised as the "Champion of Cyrodill!" When you extinguish the the Oblivion crisis from the world and save everybody? (not to mention once you beat the game you never see another Daedra again)

Or one of my personal favorites, when you save a kidnapped daughter for a worrying Mother. And are humbly thanked whenever you walk into the store she owns.

Oblivion is not only one of my favorite games, but A LOT of people's. You are treated to a beautiful soundtrack, Gorgeous scenery of the lush green outside world of Cyrodill. Epic med eval combat. And amazing story of over coming your enemies when all hope seems lost. If this story was a novel, in the hands of J.R.R Tolkien, I don't think he would change a thing.