View Single Post
(#58)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Happy_Athiest is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Happy_Athiest is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Happy_Athiest is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: 101 reasons why Atheists are WRONG !!! - 08-23-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Don't lie to me. You are an atheist. You could care less about the beliefs of Christianity and think nothing is sacred. You want to kill everybody you meet on the street, I bet.

I am actually Agnostic and don't believe or disbelive in the presence of God. I have also never wished to harm anyone and it is my belief that violence doesn't solve problems but will often create more of them.

Some Athiests aren't violent people but more often than relgious extremeists are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobar King View Post
I think you're mistaking the Bible for Bambi, the movie.
Yes I'd agree The Old Testament contains murder, stoning to death, genoside and punishment.

The New Testament is wrote by the Apostles who like all men have their biases and prejudices.

I am not sure you are aware but Shariah Law is based on the Old Testmament and it is the reason why "adulterers" are still stoned to death and public executions are still happening.

Is that how want to America to be, some type of Christian fundalmentalist country without courts of law etc ?

Quote:
So why did God give us the Bible, hmm?
The Old Testament and its Laws were handed to Moses in time when there was laws to speak off. Ancient Egypt is a good example when Royal Dynasty often commited incest and murder. So some type consequence had to be created for those actions.

The New Testament as stated was wrote by the Apostles witnessing the acts of Jesus as he travelled the land. Like all friends the accounts they give may not always be objective.

Quote:
When you copy and paste something and make it look like it's your own, that's called stealing. As a thief, you have no grounds to tell anyone else about morality.
Maybe I prefer to DUCKS interpretation of Jesus actions as he is portrayed as being compassionate and kind.

Since leporsy in those times meant being outcast then wouldn't Jesus giving the man a human touch be an act of kindess.

You avoided answering the question though. Who has the right interpretation of that passage.

Quote:
They are being punished for their parents' sins.
I am sure there must devout Christians who had children that were born with a disability.

It's quite presumptious to assume that everyone born with a disability has parents who sinned.

Quote:
They are genuine Christians.
The Popes message seems to differ compared to yours. While the Pope tells us that Jesus was kind and that we should do the same to each other.

Your message would seem to be the hellfire and brimstone approach and that The Bible doesn't show acts of kindness but should be used as form of punishment.

Quote:
And you turned out an atheist. Surprise, surprise.
There is Christians I know who would talk to me in civil manner and ask why I altered my beliefs. They would ask me what caused such an event to happen in my life. They wouldn't automatically assume I was wrong but rather they would try to find why and understand my reasons for doing so.

I was afterall not born a "disbeliver" but events in life have made me change my beliefs.