View Single Post
(#36)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

True Christian™ True Christian Beauty Bronze Tither True Christian Lady

Mary O'Bryan Thorne has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mary O'Bryan Thorne has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mary O'Bryan Thorne has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mary O'Bryan Thorne has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mary O'Bryan Thorne has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mary O'Bryan Thorne has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mary O'Bryan Thorne has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mary O'Bryan Thorne has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mary O'Bryan Thorne has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mary O'Bryan Thorne has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mary O'Bryan Thorne has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: What the Bible says about polygamy - 07-13-2009, 02:24 PM

Oh my, I've such a quandary regarding this subject. I do believe that a man should be able to have as many wives as he is able to support, but on the other hand, by doing so, he may have his hands full. One wife, if chosen properly, should be enough to maintain the home, bear and take care of an ample number of fine Christian Soldiers and take wonderful care of her husband and any needs he may have.

But bringing more wives into the household would divide up the chores so as most of the women would have some leisure time and you know what can happen when one is idle for any length of time.

But then, the "idle" time would give the women even more time to study the Bible, but the man would have to keep a close eye on all of his wives to make sure that none were allowing their minds to stray.

From what I've seen nowadays, there are so many wayward women running around, that one might be hard pressed to find several good Christian women to betroth. And training a handful might be, well, a handful.

Mary

Recognition, sorrow, confession, forgiveness, restitution, forsaking the sin.
The Lord forgives me of my sin.