View Single Post
(#13)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

Dutchsmartie is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Dutchsmartie is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Would You Step on a Land Mine for Jesus? - 07-28-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLarry View Post
I am often engaged in subway train discussions with unbelievers, usually brought on by hecklers trying to dissuade me from preaching on the train from South Ferry to 42nd St. (I find this train is more conducive to ministry than say, the F train. Not sure why.)

Today someone calling himself a veteran of Iraqi deployment yelled out "Hey, buddy! Would you step on a landmine if Jesus told you to? Where would your faith be then?" While I gingerly ignored his question by taking one from a more desirable person (who asked how he can know that God loves him), it made me think.

First, it would be unthinkable that my Savior would ask me to do such a thing. But if indeed He did ask, particularly if it were for the glory of God, I would not hesitate. His Hand of Protection would cover me and I would not be injured (surely) or an angel would lay down on the mine and keep me from harm (wouldn't it?). What are your thoughts? Was it just a stupid question? And if so, am I being stupid for asking?
No I won't