View Single Post
(#15)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Craids is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Why I can't be a Christian(Very Simple to understand) - 04-11-2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieverInGod View Post
Well the men on here are much more well versed on such things, but all I can really say is that he set it up that way and if you want to avoid being the chaff, then you should join the winning team.

No, you gain faith through prayer and reading the Bible.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

And perhaps you are right that some are chosen to have faith, and some are not. I'm really not sure, it's a question I'm wrestling with myself right now.

Again, I'm going to say, it's a lot less than 1/3
"No, you gain faith through prayer and reading the Bible."
I've read the Bible several time chronologically, cover to cover, and random books of by choice, it does not fix my urge to question all that is brought to me, and when I was a strong believer in the lord I did have questions, I prayed for faith, it was what I strived for everyday was to be more faithful in the lord. But as I gained knowledge of what before seemed to me as satanic such as science and philosophy I began to consider another stand on life, but even now I still beg to have the faith of a Christian.