View Single Post
(#26)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Jim Boob is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity - 04-14-2008, 05:27 PM

Lets just take a moment and really think about this guys, and I mean really think.
I don't want to come on your forum and through a load of abuse your way, I'm far too intelligent for that, and I daresay you guys have heard it all before.
However, in the interest of my curiosity, do you really believe that you don't have to a) worry about climate change, and b) think for yourselves, beyond the basic survival thoughts of feeding, clothing and housing yourselves.

My point being that for some reason human kind has the gift of thought, beyond all other animals on this planet and from what I can gather you believe that we should shun this massive gift and put all faith in an unseen, unheard character from a poorly articulated novel written hundreds of years ago. Does this mean that in 2000 years time we will all be worshipping Henry Chinaski, or Winston Smith?
As you can gather I have been raised, not as an aethist rather just without religion, therefore it is very curious and a bit worrying to read such fervant views from people when inspite of all your talk, you can never be 100 percent sure that your god actually exists.

Please don't be offended, I am genuinely interested to hear your responses, but intelligent responses, I am looking for educated points. I don't need to be preached at.

Cheers and have a good day