View Single Post
(#7)
Old
2010: A Space Idiocy

Gold Tither Caution - Poster is Crazy UFO Caution - Poster is on Drugs Caution - Poster is on Drugs

_The Earthling_ is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: The sacking of Washington and the outbreak of Civil War 2 - 01-12-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The Earthling_ View Post
I know at some point either they will be treated as a bluff, or someone will call the bluff and discover it's not. You know, sort of like the politicians who are now realizing that not all the redneck death squad stuff was just cosplay.
Update: all the redneck death squad stuff might as well be considered just cosplay.

Remember back in march, when the Media was telling people not to panic? That's your clue that actual news is happening.

They're not telling anyone to avoid panic now, so that's your clue that this is just the same old noise.

Meanwhile the right is also doing its thing, over and over: following a new bunch of con-artists, right after being used and discarded by the last con-artist. Just look at how quickly Trump and Company betrayed you, after promising that he was going to storm the Capitol with you.

Hint: EVERYBODY you have ever followed is a RINO. ALL of them are there to fleece you of your votes and money. Even the ones who are so stupid as to be worse than useless.
This is the big conservative innovation of the last decade: why be fleeced by liars, when you can be fleeced by True Believers? The answer, it turns out, is because true believers are incompetent.

This pattern is going to keep on happening until you find a radically different way of choosing your leaders.

A generation of participation-trophy "everybody is special" propaganda has melted their minds. Sorry kids, out here in the real world there's no trophy for stupid people. And by stupid I mean lazy.

Instead of doing the hard work of choosing and obeying intelligent leaders, you chose to follow con-artists because it was easier.

Forming coalitions with moderates is difficult. Re-enacting your favorite scenes from Red Dawn and Rambo is easy.

Reading the same books as Andrew Yang is difficult. Lifting weights while listening to Alex Jones is easy.

Defeating the left will be difficult. What you guys just did in Washington was easy, though what's going to happen to you in jail won't be.

That's why everybody is calling your bluff. We don't take you seriously because you don't take yourself seriously.

Which is fine, I think most of them don't actually want their movement to go anywhere and do anything. Speaking of bluff-calling, here's a comedian calling the crap out of the right's bluff:

So it's just hooliganism - fine and well in most situations, but is it a good idea today? Today, when leftism is taking over? And by "taking over", I mean completely unreconstructed Leninists are conquering every lever of power, up to and including the WIFI toaster that they somehow convinced you to buy.

It's like the Russian Civil War all over again, only this time the whites are, well, the whites. Just like last time, the only opposition is divided, uncommitted, and with way more Siberian Shamanism than is optimal.

I say this proves that conservatism has failed, and if conservatives are serious about not wanting to die in gulags, they will need to let intelligent moderates take over the anti-leftist coalition. Also, there needs to be an anti-leftist coalition.

Not that you have much to offer the anti-leftist coalition. All you guys have is death squads. If it comes down to a contest of death squads, we've already lost anyway. The only way to win THAT game is not to play, yet the right has not prepared for anything else.

Last edited by Jeb Stuart Thurmond; 04-04-2022 at 12:45 PM.