View Single Post
(#107)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

The_One is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Oblivion: Video Game Promoting WITCHCRAFT, SATANISM, & POLYTH - 07-14-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talitha View Post
Is there anything else?
Is that "too long didn't read", or:

"Too ignorant and narrow minded, didn't want to be proven wrong"?

Oh, guess what?

Oblivion, Morrowind, and all the previous elder scrolls games, and everything like them are GAMES!

Define 'Games'?
real role plays based on a make-believe story line.

Okay, here's a scenario.
I make a game based on 'god'. (Inverted comas because I'm an agnostic)
I base this game on the Christian Dark Ages.
I make the main character a Christian Knight, who "In Gods Name" smites and burns peoples homes and lands, pillages (STEALS FROM) their villages, and sends the world into a dark, un-prosperous time for 200 years.

All in "The Name of God"

...sound familiar?
Oh wait, the basis of my game is the foundation of REAL HISTORY!
All that actually happened...

So what's the problem here?
Oblivion, if anything, instills good morals on youth that play it.
And, for your information, it's rated MA 15+ for a reason.

And, here's the kicker, It's Made Up!

You fight for the Emperor of the lands, you're fighting the Daedra, or Demons.

You people are so narrow in your thought process when you instantly blam anything that goes against your un-wavering view of Christianity, and another moral groups decision to express their views, and make a game based on their moral decisions in life, that you fail to see the other side of the argument.

You throw words and accusations freely at us for defending Oblivion, and anything else that constitutes our decisions on how we choose to live our lives, saying we're "Evil people" and "Hateful"... I believe I'm far from it, as an example.

I may not believe in god, but I'd say I live a moral and ethical life?
In my opinion at least anyway... but remember, everyones opinion is SUBJECTIVE. You know that word?

Look it up.

But as soon as I say, "I don't believe in god, I believe you're wrong in your beliefs" (Which is simply me stating my opinion) I'm SURE at least five Christians would descend on me, condeming my opinion, telling me I'll Burn in Hell, or the like... I once had a Christian respond to my statement of almost the same sentence as above with some of the most hateful and condemning remarks I've ever heard... But I'm sure it was justified...right?

Amazing how hypocritical you can be, without even realizing it...
Because your mind is too narrow.

Oh, and I love how your Smilies depict a group of Muslims, as terrorists, getting Bombed on this site...

That's really gods will I'm sure. Because to me that portrays that it's 'Perfectly acceptable to blow up Muslims, on the assumption that they're terrorists'

But aren't you all Oh So Moral...

I wouldn't be surprised if this post leads to my user name being banned, but hopefully someone out there takes something from this...

Food for thought?