View Single Post
(#15)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

PleaseKYS is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Smile Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
Don't be silly. According to Webster's Dictionary,

Muslims believe a false tale. They believe there is a supernatural creature called "Allah" who watches over them with great concern whether or not they are obedient and loyal enough to kill their own children at his command. If this belief were accurate, we would see evidence for such claims, such as evidence for such a creature. As it stands, there exists no such evidence, either objective or deductive. To teach children these tales are true is to teach children something that is false, that is, a delusion.

Catholics believe their priests carry with them some invisible link to the forgiving mercy of Christ. They believe that only priests, appropriately ordained, have the unworldly power to absolve a person of sin, reconcile them to the church community following contrition, marry people, and elect a new "vicar of Christ" (that is, a man who acts vicariously as Jesus Christ Almighty Himself, quite in opposition to the Scriptures that are a fundamental resource of the Christian faith). If this were reality we'd see evidence this magical processes at work, of popes acting as Christ. But we don't. We see evidence of priests and popes acting as men, perfectly aligned with the era and culture of their office. To maintain a Catholic faith is to maintain particular magical beliefs despite indisputable evidence to the contrary.

This is the very definition of "delusion," dear.

But what is more interesting is how you believe you're right and everyone else is wrong, but anyone else who makes the same claim is "stupid."

Here at Landover Baptist Church, we love our fellow man enough to know they are not stupid, they are simply deluded. They've been brainwashed, generally since infancy, to adopt a particular cultural belief system, articulated through a specific religious vocabulary. They're not "stupid," dear, and no one here thinks they are. But they are wrong, and Christ will watch them suffer for all eternity if they continue their path to perdition. We want to help. We want to help you, too.
I see what you are trying to tell me, but i feel this would also go for any other religion as there is really no proof for any religion other than some really old book which lets be honest might have been written by someone as a joke. Don't misunderstand me i don't see christianity as wrong, but i also don't see Islam as wrong. What I think is that there is no need to make fun of or behave badly thorwards someone who has a different mindset than you. I can see how you think you are right and I am not saying you aren't but you also have to put yourself in others shoes. I personally used to be a lutherian christian, but i did not think it was right. I have felt I was not really for what christianity promoted. In which i mean the anti-honosexual agenda and other things I won't bother listing. What i believe is that instead of pushing religion and instead of witchhunting other religions we should try to be more considerate to eachother and focus on what is best for mankind as a whole instead of just a group of people. I hope I answered to what what you were saying in a grammatically and sensible way. I also hope I did not offend you in any way through this text. Let's try to have a civil debate.Also! If you spot any spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes on my part please point them out as I am still learning English (I am from Norway).

Believes in a creator. Just not a religious one. Ex-Christian