Thread: Hello =]
View Single Post
(#6)
Old
Landover Habilitation and Therapy Unit (For those unfit to mix with the normal public)

Ohnn is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Ohnn is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-10-2007, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
I believe the two of you had a misunderstanding. A "thread" is this individual conversation. The "forum" is the collection of conversations that makes up landoverbaptist.net.

Since you started this thread, it does not make sense for you to say you discovered it. I believe you meant that you discovered this forum, and find it very interesting.
ooh.. thank you for clearing that up.. i meant that i found this forum one day and thought it was very interesting..

Quote:
Do people vote in your country? In the United States, to pick our leaders we go into a private booth and make our selections. Outside the booth, we may profess support for any candidate we want, but when we're alone, in the booth, making our private selection, that's what counts.
thank you very much, but im fully aware how the American voting process works considering the fact that im an american citizen.

Quote:
Keeping traditions is like going around wearing a button for a particular candidate. Everybody sees the button on my shirt, and says, "Oh, he supports Candidate X." But when I go to vote, I may vote for Candidate Z.
umm.. not trying to sound rude.. but itsnt that hypocritical? and isnt being a hypocrite a bad thing?

i really dont think it is even on the same plane as wearing a button. i see it more as a cultural thing.. you know, something handed down generation to generation... i dont see how wearing a button works the same way..

Quote:
I can keep Christian traditions -- going to church every week, for example -- but not believe in Jesus or follow God's Word. My going to church won't matter when God is deciding my eternal fate, if I didn't actually believe!
lol. i have to agree, that is true. but on the same token, why would you spend your time doing "frivolous" things when you dont have a level of respect for it? of course, the obvious answer would be "because he/she/they would want people to think that they believe in Jesus." but then, carrying the false mask around for years, going to church even though you dont belive in it.. wouldnt one just drop the lie altogether? as far as i know, he still volunteer at church, help out, and celebrate christian holidays. and so far it's been... geez... since dad was... i dunno... 15 years old? that's quite a looong time to be carrying a lie..

Quote:
Meanwhile, not converting when you do believe -- that is, denying God -- for the sake of keeping your family's traditions is insulting to God and a surefire way to Hell. God is very jealous, and doesn't want you worshipping any other gods.
hmm... like i mentioned before, buddhism doesnt have a god...

but i am very confused... god is the ultimate diety, the ultimate being, is that not so? god is the model of perfection, and every good thing you can think of along with it. so.. why would god be jealous? i just started reading the bible i was given and im still at the old testiment.. i know, im a slow reader.. all i've figured out so far was that god seemed... sort of... malicious.. i could understand why because there were lots of sinful people, but why worship someone so... cruel? well, i guess it balances the good and the evil... -.-'' well, i think i just answered my own question...

Quote:
So now, we're expected to obey the Word of God, but if we mess up, we can ask Jesus to forgive us and He will. But if we don't do our very best to follow every bit of God's Word (as in the King James version of the Bible), and we don't ask Jesus to forgive all our sins, we will be cast into eternal torment after we die.
wow... i can see why you're so strict about your religion... but we're but humans. humans are imperfect creatures... so more than likely we will mess up, so what does that mean? will we go to hell?

Quote:
God has decided humans deserve infinite punishment for finite sin.
wow.. that's totally unfair..

Quote:
We treat others with exactly the degree of kindness and respect the Bible tells us to use. That is, we judge and condemn those who sin in the eyes of God.
yes, i never said you didnt. everyone has their own veiws on kindness and respect.

Quote:
You say that you're still a child? How old?
im old enough. for safety purposes, i choose not to reveal my age, name, residence, etc.

Quote:
I suggest that you read the Bible with your parents, that they may help you understand who God is, who Jesus is, and what following God's Word really means. You should read ALL parts of it, not just the happy parts, and not just the parts some lying preachers say are the parts that matter. It ALL matters.
actually, that's what im doing actually, expect the part where im reading it with my parents.. it would take ages for me to translate it to my mom... and as for my dad, he read it several times already. i find the happy parts pretty boring... -.-''

Quote:
Also, you seem to only have a very basic grasp of your own religion. I suggest you also study and more fully understand your own religion, that you may see where it falls short of Christianity once you fully understand both religions.
umm.. im pretty much sure i know alot more about my religion than most because i get to read the texts many dont get to read... as for christianity, i never said they're one and the same... nor have i said that buddhism is better than christianity...