View Single Post
(#20)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

Sauron is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 11-15-2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolChristians View Post
Wow, you are a rascist a**hole.
I thought 'god' didn't like that.
Oh, and Shiva would pwn Jesus, and his daddy.
Can you say "not necessary"?

Anyway, I agree that Jesus did not only offer peace, but rather he also brought a sword. However, you can't implement one and forsake the other. Only with the sword in one hand and the peaceful love of Christ in the other can you truly reach people. Inherent in the word Christian is the command that we are to be "Christ-like"; that we are to spread His love and commandments. As in John 13:34, we are to love one another as He has loved us. We as Christians are obviously fallible, but the impression that the general public gets from us is that we are a bunch of self-righteous fanatics who use scare tactics to convert people, and I think a lot of sects bring it on themselves. As the saying goes, you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar, and that philosophy has worked a lot better for me when dealing with non-Christians. I show them that Christians are weak and fallible just like everyone else and that we are saved by grace through faith. We don't get to Heaven with scare tactics or by doing good works, but rather we first believe with our hearts and then let our faith compel us to do good works in His name, so that Christianity can be spread effectively. Being Christian is never about being the right faith; it's about having a reason to accept God into your life.