View Single Post
(#43)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Ao Saves is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Are You an Atheist? - 04-14-2009, 04:26 PM

When I say "true agnostic", I mean someone who embodies fully what it means to be agnostic. This means always looking for more answers, not taking anything for granted, not being complacent in accepting any one ideology. It's a full open-mindedness, and a search for the complete universal truth. It's a search that, I find, is somewhat limited by a strict following of any scripture, whether it be the Bible, Torah, Qu'ran, or fortune cookie.

I would say that it's very much like being a devout flip-flopper, except that I wouldn't attach such a negative connotation to it. It means hearing all sides of the "cosmic argument" and then drawing one's own conclusion - which may be wrong, but at least it's coming from within oneself. If God created Man in His Image, then I see no greater worship than for my beliefs to come from myself, as a reflection of God - because, if God created me, then when my beliefs come from me they are actually coming from God as well.