View Single Post
(#7)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

AuroraDesrosiers has had a couple of people click the rep button.AuroraDesrosiers has had a couple of people click the rep button.AuroraDesrosiers has had a couple of people click the rep button.AuroraDesrosiers has had a couple of people click the rep button.AuroraDesrosiers has had a couple of people click the rep button.
Jesus Re: Aurora - Introduction - 11-27-2022, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Ander View Post
Welcome. I presume you are of the male gender since you want to undertake "higher studies". Women are best suited for domestic duties and are guided by husbands, fathers and brothers.

Beyond bearing Soldiers for Christ, women do have a supplementary role in Christian households

Proverbs 31 is a useful checklist for men choosing a bride.
I always would consider the caution in Proverbs 31:3
Thank you for your warm welcome,

Although if I didn’t know any better I would’ve thought that you were implying one's gender is determined by outside factors such as one's academic success, one’s own preference, one’s hobbies…etc rather than what was given at birth. But I do understand where you’re coming from and I do understand your confusion and worries.

My mother leads the home, my father leads his workforce and God leads all of us. I do admit, neither my mother nor I am the most traditional woman. My parents met while they were both studying at Harvard, and although my mother has chosen to, on her own accord, sacrifice and be a housewife, I just don’t see myself doing the same thing- but it also depends on what my future husband/family wants/needs.

But for now, my father and mother both expect me to study, and as their daughter, I obey them.

I do admit, neither I nor my mother has done many “actual domestic duties” as my father has always made sure we’ve had maids, chefs…etc, and such for it. Which may be a problem in the future when I marry- though I highly doubt my father would bare to find me a man lower than him in any way. Either way, whoever this future man may be, for now, I trust my parents' judgment and decisions for me.