View Single Post
(#6)
Old
Ring-kissing Papist dog

Hellbound Heathen Cancer on Society True Heterosexual™ Cathlick Five years in the service of the Enemy Condemned Aardvark Devil Evil Beastiality

Father Maurice Lester Father Maurice Lester Father Maurice Lester Father Maurice Lester Father Maurice Lester Father Maurice Lester Father Maurice Lester Father Maurice Lester Father Maurice Lester Father Maurice Lester Father Maurice Lester
Default Re: The True Christian™ Art Critic - Assess your Favorite Jesus Pictures to Avoid HELL - 10-06-2014, 01:17 PM

My oh my.

Landroverians discussing 'art' is a bit like a bag full of hungry Gerbils debating the whereabouts of dark matter in competing Latvian dialects.

Christian iconography in art is a fascinating and complex topic that must be prefaced with a fundamental understanding of the transition from paganism to Christianity in the traditional lands of the Mediterranean from the time of Constantine up through the Renaissance.

Within this context one can start to trace both the emergence of new materials and techniques in addition to the enlightened encouragement of The Holy Roman Church which drove both the development of Religious art and Music.

As I am certain there are not enough really small words to get any of this across to the present audience, I would suggest the locals stick with the sparkle and Unicorn airbrushing styles popular with taste-challeneged decorators all over middle America.

Talk like this reminds of the the Baptwit tourist who, while visiting The Sistine Chapel, told his wife that he and his brother could have painted the entire ceiling in just a few days with a roller and a bakers scaffold. This is why you folks cannot have nice things.

Bless you, my Botticelli-butt bamboshists,
Father Mo

A Cardinal in the making.