View Single Post
(#305)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Citizen of Earth is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Citizen of Earth is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: ALL SCIENCE IS EVIL, AND FROM SATAN! (aka THE EARTH IS FLAT) - 02-13-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
Where did you get that idea? There is nothing wrong with science. Science brought us the atomic bomb and the drones which America uses to kill unbelievers all over the world. The only thing that is wrong is pseudo science like evolution and gravity that directly contradicts the Holy Bible.
Well, I thought "ALL SCIENCE IS EVIL, AND FROM SATAN!" was pretty explicit.. anyway, let me first point out that when it comes to drawing a line between 'good' and 'bad' science, obviously that's a topic where we differ.

And gravely so.

As I see it, trying to understand and learn from the Lord's creation, precisely stuff like how gravity works, is the most noble form of the pursuit of wisdom.
Just think about how much is dependant from knowing in what way the forces working between two masses are influenced by factors like velocity or distance. Disciplines like archtecture or aviation on their present scale need this sort of knowledge.

Next, believer or not, life is God's greatest gift. By giving it to you the Lord declared you worthy of it and no man has the right to hamper with his decision of giving it, much less does anyone but the Lord himself have the right take it away.

Now, (ab)using what we learned from God's creation to invent something with the sole purpose of committing the hideous crime towards God that the non-natural ending of a human life is does not look like 'good' science to me, it strikes as nothing but a blatant betrayal.
And eventually even this application of science reqiures understanding before realization, or do you think the atomic bomb would have been possible without people figuring out how to perform nuclear fission?

Although I respect personal opinions especially when it comes to religious topics I must say that I'm pretty shocked to learn that you, as what seems to be a reputable member of ths community, think the pursuit of knowledge is something a good christian shouldn't spend his time on while regarding individual men acquiring the power to wipe out millions of lives by simply pushing one button as a move in the right direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
If you are low your view is blocked by obstacles, the higher you get the less obstacles block your view and the more you can see.
The point is that this applies regadless of obstacles.

Take lighthouses for example.
No obstacles are in the way; how come the signal of a higher lighthouse can be seen over a longer distance than an equally bright signal on a less high lighthouse?

Another way of telling the earth's definite shape is watching the moon at night, or more specificly, the shadow earth casts on the moon:
Although the angles of the sun and moon keep varying the shape of earth's shadow remains a circle.
This is only possible if earth's shape is spherical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack O'fagan View Post
This was God's specific instruction to Adam and Eve,

Genesis 1:28
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
I'm not quite aware of the contradiction in this, how does trying to figure out how the world works hinder whatever you understand as 'replenishing' it?