View Single Post
(#60)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Cecily is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: DEUTERONOMY 22:28 If a woman is raped, she MUST marry her rap - 01-15-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrggreen View Post
28If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
29Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

This passage cannot be more clear, and it is one many women seem to ignore, and they shall burn in Hell for it!

A rape victim MUST marry her rapist, and the rape victim's father must be compensated for depreciation of his property.

Seems a fair trade, given that the woman would be soiled goods. What kind of real man would want to marry a rape victim anyways? It is disgusting.
I'm sorry, but this seems wrong to me. Rape is indeed an evil thing, so why force the woman to live with it? I obviously cannot argue with the Bible, but it still seems wrong that she should have to marry her rapist. Why not allow her to live without ever marrying instead, using her as an example?

And what of male rape? As disgusting and vulgar as it is, what if a young man or boy is raped by another man? Are they supposed to marry? Why say 'females do this, males do that'? It just confuses me, and I don't know what the answer is. Surely there must be something I'm missing here.

Matthew 5:44 -- But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you.