View Single Post
(#14)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

Perv

incapableofthought is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.incapableofthought is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.incapableofthought is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Death penalty for masturbation? The FACTS say YES! - 03-23-2011, 06:55 PM

What I am looking for is an explanation to your beliefs that extends beyond "what god wants from you".

The bible, as well as what we consider reality, are all subject to interpretation and perception. That is, as you read the bible you may interpret certain passages/ texts/ sections as leading to one specific and unwavering conclusion. The alternative I am offering up as a forum member is that perhaps this interpretation that leads to the persecution and hate of everyone who does not share the same exact interpretation as your church is a bit close minded. Now I do not say close minded in an insulting way at all, I am merely referring to the defintion of the word which reads "Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas." I am by no means judging you, because as a religious person myself, I understand that we are all sinners, all equal in the eyes of God.

I am here as an amiable, respectful American who is purely presenting the idea that perhaps the words of other prophets/ disciples that are so readily quoted are not as strong as the actions of your savior Jesus Christ (i.e. dining with sinners/ forgiving the wicked/ leading a life of divine love and forgiveness).

I am also curious as to how you were granted your immense power. Was it through divine inspiration, a gift from God himself, or rather a personal path to salvation as you see it?