View Single Post
(#22)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

joe707 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Game Theory: Which Faith Gives the Best Payout? - 01-29-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
Other means? Really? You have an example? (I bet you don't)
Well of course, but any example I give will necessarily be via language, that’s the problem. It’s tricky to convey to each other without getting lost in the word, and all of the stuff that goes with it. But put it this way – you would not deny the primacy of other experiences, so why deny yourself this in other areas? When you pick up a hot pan, you don’t need to refer to a book to tell you it’s going to burn. You doubt this is possible with other types of knowledge, I wonder why? What did Jesus mean in John 8:43 “Why do ye not understand my speech? Even because ye cannot hear my word”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
I don’t see your problem. On the financial level, just buy insurance to the right coverage – perhaps a little more than you think you will ever need. On a spiritual level, merely obey the Word of The Lord.No they do not. I do not worry. You really are filled with fear, you keep going on and on about it - relax. I worry about you, I sometimes think you are abnormal with this fear and worry you keep banging on about. I simply cannot understand why this should be the case for you. Hope, what is the point of hope? God has a Plan – if we are in it, we need neither fear nor hope. If we are not in it, then fear and hope are pointless for we are lost whatever happens. Accept and put your trust in The Lord![/FONT]
Ah, I think we are at cross purposes a bit here. I am saying fear is the driving force for following another, or following a word, and it is on sale here. Fear of what might happen should we take the wrong path, all the consequences of that, don’t you agree? The fear of hell, of eternal damnation, and the hope of heaven, salvation. If it is a fear for you no longer – because you are suitably insured - then at some point previously in your life I guess both of these might have been big concerns. That is what I meant; for those who have not been contented with the insurance policy being sold, there is a need for more.

And although you are happy to sit secure in the knowledge that you are part of God’s plan, I would be surprised if that question doesn’t arise once in a while for many, no matter how careful one is in making the payments. Life has a way of prompting the question.