View Single Post
(#7)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

KarenKraft is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Christian Domestic Discipline: Should The Husband Discipline His Wife In front of the Kids? - 10-30-2016, 09:25 PM

I'm a bit surprised by the question! Not only is it important for the children to learn the fundamentals of spousal discipline, but more important is the way that this kind of instructional love is administered. See, kids may mistakenly see such a thrashing as an act of violence. This is particularly true if correction is done behind closed doors, as though it is shameful or unclean. It is the exact opposite, of course.

There is nothing wrong with physical suffering being visited upon a deserving wife. But the good husband must moderate his instruction to inflict righteous pain but not damage or impair the woman's ability to attend to her daily chores. That would be counter productive and would teach the sons in the family to waste valuable assets.

Remember: Our Lord suffered to save us all. Just as His suffering was a glorious and valuable tool for our Redemption, so too a wife's suffering can be an agent for positive growth and development of a Good Family in Christ.

On a personal note, I do not enjoy pain. When I scald myself boiling the clothes or if a spark from the stove lands on my skin, I cry out and wish it never happened.

But when my late husband, who is now with Christ, used to whip me, it made me feel exhausted, even rapturous. The harder the strokes the more I knew he loved me and wanted me to be a Better Wife. He never hid the practice from our children. Why should he? Indeed, he would gather us all together and ask the youngest present to do the counting of the strokes. So, it was a learning experience for everyone. He helped my daughters the same way. That's important.

As the practice was normally done while the recipient of the instruction was wearing no attire, it afforded an opportunity for the whole family to see the various stages of physical development. Just before his passing, my husband allowed our oldest son to administer seven strokes to me. At first he was ambivalent but by stroke three and four, his hand was just as strong as my husband's.

Also, the Good Husband can demonstrate which parts of the body ought not be touched by the instrument. His favorite instrument was one he and the boys made in his workshop. It was a loop-whip made of coated wire. The handle was an old tennis racquet. He would explain to the boys that the parts of the female body that eat or process food and drink are off limits, as were my breasts during breast feeding months.

Out oldest girl, our precious princess, was always in charge of hooking and then unhooking my handcuffs to the ceiling hook. She loved this almost as much as she loved to put the star on the top of the tree at Christmas time. She will made some man a very loving and obedient wife! Being borderline anorexic, she's not expensive to feed as well. A real bargain, that girl is.

Never forget that the Good Teachings of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ are words and thoughts to live by, but it was His Suffering that Saved us!

My son told his father that he really enjoyed "using the wire on Mom, particularly her front part," and wanted to know if he could do it after church the following Sunday. My Good Husband reminded him not to take pleasure in the infliction of suffering upon others and that using the wire would only be appropriate if I had broken a family rule of some kind. Otherwise, we must never punish the innocent. But he assured the boy he had first dibs the next time the need arose. Education is so important!

Proverbs17:26 To punish the just is not good.