View Single Post
(#14)
Old
True Christian™ Minister to the Godless Savages in Hawaii
It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound True Christian™ Ex-Masturbator Friend of Jesus The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Tell her once 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Bronze Tither

barton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Divine omniscience is an un-Scriptural heresy. - 02-21-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant View Post
surely an omniscient being would never need to change His mind, right?
First of all, I approach this with nothing but joy in my heart, praying... as we study His Holy Word ...that He bestow upon us the blessing of insight that we may better understand Scripture.
2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"
Psalms 119:130 "The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple."
I am not as learned as many of my brethren but it seems to me the main problem is that omniscience needn't imply the inflexibility of predestination, necessarily. Can we, in all honesty, say His hands are tied this way and that He cannot change His mind? After all, Matthew 19:16 reads "...with God all things are possible."

Rather, I think we'd be better off saying our feeble minds cannot fully grasp what it might mean to be omniscient. What could it be like to live beyond space and time, holding the wholeness of creation as a single thought, past and present and future... as well as experiencing each moment, as it unfolds from past to present to future? In other words, I don't see why God cannot simultaneously be omniscient and not omniscient, as we understand the terms.

I fall to my knees in utter adoration before His Majesty, the Lord of the Universe, My God! I cannot comprehend His Greatness. He can do anything!

Revelations 6:16
"And said to the mountains and rocks,
Fall on us, and hide us from the face
of him that sitteth on the throne,
and from the wrath of the Lamb"