View Single Post
(#51)
Old
Apparently not part of the domestic staff; suspected academic
Forum Member

Christian Love Protected by JESUS Messicant Touched by Jesus Friend of Jesus Heaven Bound Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars

Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Overwatch: Overdue For A Ban! - 11-10-2016, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeemarkable View Post
I really don't have anything wrong with any religion.
Hello Mr/Ms Reeemarkable!

As a person who is still searching for her spiritual path, I have a question about this statement. Given that every major religion of the world has been involved in and used as a justification of genocide, does that mean that you're OK with religious genocide?

Quote:
I grew up learning about god and having faith in it. I still believe in god.
I want to believe in God as well... I just find it hard to accept that He either likes or doesn't care about all of the oppression done in His name over the last few thousands of years. Is He like a scientist in a lab, coldly watching and recording behavior of rats in an experiment He is running?... If that is true, is He even worthy of our worship?... Or maybe He wants to end all that carnage but has no power to do it?... But in this case, why even bother praying to Him?...

If there is a Hell, I'm sure I'm going there for having thoughts like that... I'm afraid of Hell, but I just cannot picture God as anything else than a deeply sadistic being who actually enjoys human suffering...

Quote:
I just hate how (not all but a good few) people of Christian faith shut down opposing religions.
Well, it is the intrinsic part of every proselytic religion: the force which allows it to grow is the assumption that all of the other religions are wrong. Roughly, that is the difference between the "world religions," the big proselytic religions which want to convert everybody, and small tribal religions, which don't want to expand, and most of which is on their way to total extinction.

Quote:
I think everyone should have some sort of faith,
So, are you saying that atheism is wrong?

How would that make you different from Christians shutting down opposing religions, exactly?

Quote:
but it's not right to take away another persons faith. I think we should live and let live. Forcing others to not play overwatch because it shakes your Christian sensibilities is unfair.
From their point of view, they are doing you a favor by sparing you from going to Hell.

Quote:
I love when people have faith and they don't force it into others.
For Christians that would mean breaking one of their commandments, the one about spreading the Good News to everyone in the world.

Quote:
I don't want any of you to change your faith, but [FILTHY LANGUAGE REMOVED BY SHOCKED MODERATOR], just be nice
Jesus was not nice, why should His followers be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeemarkable View Post
And certainly not all christians are bad. The faith is very complex and beautiful.
Are you saying that misogyny, homophobia, support of slavery, xenophobia/racism, genocides, etc are beautiful?

Quote:
However, being on this forum is the same to me as talking to radical muslims.
There are wonderful people of both Christian Muslim and Jewish faith alike, but there are always people who give a bad name to the group.
Yes. These are the ones who actually read the Holy Texts of their religions and accept their content. The "wonderful" ones are like people who quickly scroll down through 100 pages of license agreements to click on the "Agree" button without knowing what it is that they are agreeing to. Do you really think that's smart behavior?...

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.