View Single Post
(#85)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

Sinner Full of it

agnesaliencat is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.agnesaliencat is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.agnesaliencat is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.agnesaliencat is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.agnesaliencat is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Children are property that can be beat, sold, and traded! Like cattle! - 04-04-2018, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handmaiden View Post
Excuse me, if this hypothetical child is neither yours or mine, who are either of us to decide what is in the child's best interests? Furthermore, you keep using the word, "force". Are you suggesting that these children are walked down the aisle in shackels? Such a bizarre picture you paint! Now you are just being silly. "Love and marriage" only go together in that song about soups and sandwiches. Please read the Bible to see that marriage is a social, economic and spiritual concern. Love is something you feel for God. Again, children's "rights" aren't a prominent theme in the Bible. Most people are giving birth in hospitals these days, I'm not sure of your point. If that is true, I'm surprised that the Democrats haven't passed a law banning it. Now, I am really confused, if the pregnant parent is a parent, then why are you against parents' rights in favor of children's rights? Are you saying that the unborn child's rights are being violated? That would make you a pro-life supporter, which is certainly a step in the right direction. Ahem--The BIBLE condemns homosexuality, I prefer not to think about it. And there is not a single word from God about potential injury being the reason that He despises it. I mean, hey, God is totally pro-stoning homosexuals, and I'm sure that hurts a lot worse than any kind of sex that they're having. (Or so I would assume, as I said, I really don't like to think about it that much.) What sort of sex are you having?! {Sigh} I am not okay with children being raped and bleeding internally or getting infections. I am saying that if you read the Bible, you will see that it supports the thesis statement of this thread. As for your basic thesis here about children 's rights and marriage, I must say that your perspective of marriage as a death trap of blood and infection doesn't make it sound like a safe prospect for anyone.

I was always told that Jesus has a plan for my life. Assuming that He has a plan for other people's lives, then it is up to Him to decide when someone ovulates and if a pregnancy occurs. I have nothing to do with that.

So, if a 12 year old can't handle a pregnancy, then why did her ovaries pop out an egg? That is something to take up with God, if you have a mind to do so.

If you don't believe in God and instead insist that evolution is at work, perfecting every life form for its best shot at survival, then you need to explain why a body that can't survive a pregnancy would initiate the possibility for one in the first place.

The only responsibility that I and my comrades claim is that of telling people what is actually written in the Bible. So, please stop treating us as if we were the bad guys. We're basically just a bunch of people trying to understand a book.
Well that's probably because of this wonderful thing called puberty which prepares our body for that possible experience which I'm not even going to consider going through what with my own health issues and the fact that I know things about my own birth that would make anybody think twice about even considering it. Also, I don't have a problem with you trying to understand what your own book says, although what I do have a problem with is the fact that there are people out there who would actually want a world full of violence and death and all the other evil that's condoned in the bible, as that's not what being a good Christian (or theist in general) should be about, and it doesn't take brains for people to understand that forcing a situation onto someone who hasn't given consent is an evil act regardless of where it comes from. That includes child marriage, as it's an act involving someone who is (in legal terms) unable to give consent, and when you do that kind of thing, you're actually breaking the law, and you could risk both jail and losing all parental rights not just to that child but to any other children you may have.