View Single Post
(#1)
Old
2010: A Space Idiocy

Gold Tither Caution - Poster is Crazy UFO Caution - Poster is on Drugs Caution - Poster is on Drugs

_The Earthling_ is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Trump The sacking of Washington and the outbreak of Civil War 2 - 01-07-2021, 05:15 PM

Well, what can I say? If you're having fun watching the civil war break out in real-time, you're going to LOVE the documentaries they made in the future. In most time-lines, they make Ken Burns look like a youtube-noob.

If you're Canadian, I expect all this fun brings back warm and fuzzy memories of the war of 1812. Don't worry Russians, you'll get your moment in 2032, and as for Venusians, you will get your time to shine during the Scism Of 2109.

For the rest of you who are, shall we say, close to ground zero, I urge you to zoom out your view and focus on the meta-history of this. Repeat after me: "The more I learn about people, the more I love my cats." Not that cats aren't selfish blood-thirsty monsters, because of course they are, but at least they don't lie and spin and hypocratize about it. In most timelines your future sexbot overlords are your only hope.

Because damn, after decades of seeing the elites lobotomize politics and play divide-and-rule games with impunity, it must be refreshing to see something getting trashed that's higher on the social ladder than the normally-targeted Korean cornershops. After viewing 51,000 years of data, my metahistorical theory is that as long as elites are insulated from the consequences of their actions you get more misrule and violence. Consider the middle ages, when everybody, including the Pope, had a near-impregnable castle. Now we have nuclear warheads accurate enough to hit the hot dog stand in the Pentagon courtyard, and we haven't had a full-scale war since. (Not that I like nukes, because I know at some point either they will be treated as a bluff, or someone will call the bluff and discover it's not. You know, sort of like the politicians who are now realizing that not all the redneck death squad stuff was just cosplay. History lesson: the first civil war also started with cosplay.)

The other lesson of metahistory is that when a Civilization (like, for example, China) gains mojo, nothing can stop it, and when a civilization (like, for example, us) loses its mojo, nothing can save it. Except the sexbots. Humans of the 21st century, I urge you to place all hopes on your inevitable sexbots overlords.

Last edited by Jeb Stuart Thurmond; 01-09-2021 at 01:53 PM.