View Single Post
(#233)
Old
Unsaved trash, obese teenaged witch
Under Investigation

Bellethiel is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Bellethiel is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Bellethiel is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Bellethiel is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Bellethiel is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Bellethiel is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Bellethiel is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Bellethiel is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: 12 reasons Harry Potter should be banned - 04-14-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Tamariki View Post
If the reasons above are not sufficient to ban Harry Potter:

Harry Potter Books Spark Rise In Satanism Among Children !

http://www.theonion.com/content/news..._spark_rise_in

Err... you do realize that this is from the Onion, right? It's a satire sight, never take anything from there seriously.

Also, I think reading Harry Potter's fine - when you're older. I read it about twelve-ish, and I think I should have waited a year or two, but I'm still as strong in my faith now as I was before reading it, stronger, in fact. You should probably have a talk with you're kids, first, though, and explain that magic is very real, and very bad (it's a good idea to pull out a few Bible verses), and that Harry Potter is most certainly not real. It's also a good idea to talk with them after reading each book, or even do it as a read-aloud, that way you can insert comments in the middle. And even if you don't do that, definitely read before or while they are, so that you can know what's going on, and be able to catch them if they start shouting 'wingardium leviosa'.

This is coming from a 14yo's prospective, what I wish my parents had done with me two years ago, and what I'm doing to my 12yo brother right now.