View Single Post
(#2)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Tell her once True Christian Caucasian True Christian™ Christian Love Heaven Bound Ex-Masturbator Friend of Jesus Kangi 2014 Witch Hunt Award 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Mower Persecuted Trump of GOD Roper Crossburn Donald Trump 2016! Hands Off Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Super Soaker Baptism Award Pastor Ezekiel

Jim Farmer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jim Farmer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jim Farmer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jim Farmer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jim Farmer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jim Farmer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jim Farmer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jim Farmer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jim Farmer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jim Farmer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jim Farmer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: The True Christian™ Art Critic - Assess your Favorite Jesus Pictures to Avoid HELL - 10-06-2014, 06:16 AM

There are many symbols in Renaissance and Byzantine art that are quite recognisable. Not all of these symbols relate purely to the Bible, but have become traditional in Christian art. For instance, animals:

Wolf - symbolizes compassion and mercy. The wolf was used as the emblem for many early Saints including St. Francis of Assisi who is often shown with a wolf .
Ermine - symbolizes truth, fidelity, mischief making. Often associated with the aristocracy or royalty.
White Horse - a symbol of victory, conquest, goodness and invincibility. "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. " -- Revelation 19:11
The ape symbolizes a lustful soul filled with sinful thoughts.
Cat - symbolizes shrewdness, treachery, trickery and watchfulness. Often associated with Satan, witchcraft or sorcery.
Winged ox - represents Luke the Evangelist, one of the four evangelist.
Ox - symbolizes strength, power, humility "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" Matt. 11:28
The Vulture epitomized greed, corruption and ruthless power.
The singing robin symbolizes deliverance from evil and God's holy mercy. A caged robin signifies removal from Gods holy grace.
Otters emblem of Saint Cuthbert, an Anglo-Saxon monk and hermit. He was a great animal lover who enacted the first laws to protect wildlife. Otters became his emblem after they rescued him from the drowning.
The Eagle is a symbol of Christ and of regeneration by baptism and also represents John the Evangelist, one of the four Evangelist. The eagle also the symbolizes the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Winged lion - represents Mark the Evangelist, one of the four evangelist.
lion - a symbol of power, majesty, wisdom, tyranny, viciousness, dignity, and leadership. The lion represents both Jesus Christ as well as Satan, a wise king or a tyrant.
Camel emblem of Egyptian Saint Mennas. He was martyred by being thrown into a fire pit when he openly declared his Christian faith.
lamb - symbolizes humility, peace, and innocence. The lamb represents Christ as the Lamb, and also Christians as the flock.
Dolphin - sign of the resurrection and symbolizes Christ guiding Christians to heaven.
Goat - symbol of Satan. Satan is often depicted as a horned and hoofed goat-like creature.
Unicorn, a symbol of purity, harmony, the arrival of Spring. Since the Middle Ages the unicorn was a symbol of chastity and innocence, it was believed that a unicorn could only be tamed by a virgin's gentle stroke.
Pig - symbolizes material desires, excess and self-indulgence. The pig is also the emblem of Saint Antony of Egypt
Dog - a symbol of loyalty, openness, dependability and fidelity
Cow emblem of St Perpetua who was gored to death by an enraged cow in the a 3rd-century when she was thrown in the arena of Carthage.
Bull emblem of Thomas Aquinas
Snake - symbolizes Satan; the presence of evil, fall of man, devil
A snake brazenly slithering across the middle of a thoroughfare or road - symbolizing the False Prophet leading the way to hell.
A devious serpent peeking out of a basket, urn or pot - a spiritual reminder of Satan's presence in unusual places.
Bear emblem of St. Seraphim of Sarov. During his life as reclusive monk stayed in the forest and fed and befriended many animals including a bear.
Swan symbolizes purity and is also the emblem of Saint Hugh of Lincoln. he was a great animal lover and as well as caretaker to lepers. A swan he befriended fowled him around and kept watch of him as he slept.